1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pedal knobs in place?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by oceanman2, Aug 9, 2010.

1. oceanman2

oceanman2 Tele-Meister

Anybody have some slick tricks for keeping pedal knobs in place? Rubber gaskets, tape, saran wrap... I've read and tried a few things but haven't found the best solution for me.

Particularly annoying right now is the Sparkle Drive I'm trying out. The knobs seem to rotate when the wind blows.

2. Martin R

Martin R Friend of Leo's

3. oceanman2

oceanman2 Tele-Meister

Thanks, Martin! Good stuff.

4. AdamEL

AdamEL TDPRI Member

For the pedals I have that I don't ever want the knobs moved, I put a piece of white electrical tape on the knob itself and mark it with a number indicating the o'clock position that the knob should be turned to. And since the pieces of tape are small and square, I can immediately recognize if one has been moved in transit because the square shape will be sideways or whatever. And I always have the numbers drawn where they're straight up and all that, so it's really easy to spot a jostled knob. It only requires about 2 seconds of adjusting whenever I take my pedalboard out of the case at gigs, and it's nowhere near permanent or detrimental to the pedal, so if I ever decide to sell one, I just take the tape off the knobs, wipe them off a bit and send them on their merry way. Easy.

5. bluesky636

bluesky636 Tele-Holic

I replaced the two large knobs on my Boss Blues Driver with a set of these:

http://www.musicpartsguru.com/closeup.asp?cid=134&pid=638&offset=2

I installed them so that 1 and 10 are pointed at 12:00 noon. They fit tight and add enough drag against the body of the Blues Driver to make them difficult to knock out of place. They look cool, too. :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.