Pedal Brands... How Many Are There?

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
Too many. A new one pops up frequently. Plus, at some point I would imagine Catalinbread's former pedal designer, Howard Gee, will introduce his line of product.
The market is really finite but guitar players are always going to chase tone and spend unnecessarily for the latest thing. "Oh, the top end and bottom clarity on this pedal is amazing and drove me to ecstasy".

lefty73

Tele-Afflicted
On one hand, too many. Like, waaaaaaay too many.

On the other hand, it's good there are so many. Chinese copycats like Joyo, Flamma, Ammoon, and dozens of other offer classic effects at serious bang for the buck.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I owned a tube screamer for a week
C’mon! MXR deserves a spot, IMO. Add in Ibanez and the vast majority of copied designs all stem from these four.
. I’ve owned several MXR pedals. Drives, choruses and a comp. Every company has a flavor and I don’t care for theirs. Plus I think they’re over priced.I love EHX’s wackiness and Boss’ simplicity and reliability.

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
I owned a tube screamer for a week

. I’ve owned several MXR pedals. Drives, choruses and a comp. Every company has a flavor and I don’t care for theirs. Plus I think they’re over priced.I love EHX’s wackiness and Boss’ simplicity and reliability.
To each their own, but both MXR and Ibanez have a few of the best selling pedals of all time.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
Here's an A - Z list, and I've probably missed a few. Hahahahaha.

Artec

Behringer
Boss
Budda

Dallas Arbiter
Danelectro
Darkglass
DOD/ DigiTech
Dr. No
Dunlop

Earthquaker Devices
EHX
Electro Harmonix
Epiphone
Eventide

Fulltone

Greenhouse Effects

Ibanez

Joyo

Korg

Markbass
Morley
Mu-Tron
MXR

Peavey
Peterson
Pro Co

Rangemaster
Rogue

Seth Thomas
Snark
Strymon

TC Electronic
Tech 21

Walrus
Wampler

Zoom

I only have 4 pedals on my board, and you missed half of them. Catalinbread and Voodoo Labs. I haven't even started to think of any.

I think it would be about as easy to count the number of pedal buyers.

Blackmore Fan

Tele-Afflicted
MXRs are the real deal. If there were suddenly no internet and I was offered an MXR pedal and the equivalent Boss pedal at roughly the same price, I'd have to play them both before deciding--the MXR pedals are that good.