Pedal board recommendations

DNestler

Tele-Meister
Hello all...
I have been gigging with a good friend who is also an award winning bass player in the musical theatre in Paris, and therefore connected to a few well-placed contacts. We have been getting some good gigs (though not a lot of them) and I have decided I need to upgrade the pedal board from the nearly 20 year old Boss BCB 60 I have.
I'd like a flyrig, basically. No more than 4 pedals: a tuner, an EQ, an overdrive, and a modulation pedal.
What should I be looking for?
- I like the idea of discrete power supplies, but are they a lot better than daisy-chaining a 9v PSU?
- I like the idea of the BCB series because you can put the lid on it. Everything is then enclosed in a case. Are their other similar options?
- What are your favorite boards and why?

Thanks!
Daniel

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Hello all...
I have been gigging with a good friend who is also an award winning bass player in the musical theatre in Paris, and therefore connected to a few well-placed contacts. We have been getting some good gigs (though not a lot of them) and I have decided I need to upgrade the pedal board from the nearly 20 year old Boss BCB 60 I have.
I'd like a flyrig, basically. No more than 4 pedals: a tuner, an EQ, an overdrive, and a modulation pedal.
What should I be looking for?
- I like the idea of discrete power supplies, but are they a lot better than daisy-chaining a 9v PSU?
- I like the idea of the BCB series because you can put the lid on it. Everything is then enclosed in a case. Are their other similar options?
- What are your favorite boards and why?

Thanks!
Daniel
I have used the same 2 wall warts for years for 6-8 pedals. So no issue there really.
I noticed Amazon has a decent looking small board that comes with a case for like $39 US

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
A small-to-medium-sized multieffects pedal would work for you perhaps. I used to use my Zoom MS-100BT for exactly those things — I had 3 presets I used (one clean, one chorus, one distortion + echo). Now I have a BOSS GP-10, which also gives me an expression pedal (volume, wah etc.) and much more flexible patch/effect switching. (Also for my GK-3 equipped guitars it gives a bunch of guitar modelling and synth options.)
F90E4205-A2F9-4D11-AFE5-266F03D3F55B.jpeg

(I’ve got it on a pedalboard along with my amp switches but it could be used perfectly well all by itself.)

uriah1

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I have a couple bcb. Easy setup. They have bigger one now.