1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pedal board Advice?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by gitlvr, Jan 12, 2018.

1. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Hi, guys!
    I'm planning a pedalboard build. You know, one of those pedaltrain looking ones most guys build out of 1x3. What I'm looking for, specifically, is the spacing between the top boards. I know the answer to that is going to depend on the size of the cables and plugs that are going to be routed through them, but is there a sort of "standard" spacing?
    Anyone got a regular pedaltrain and can measure them?
    Thanks.

2. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity

My guess is piece of wood + space = average height of pedal (or length, whatever you call that)

3. Linkslover

Linkslover Tele-Meister

It's also going to dependon the size of your pedals.

Are they all standard? Mini? Nano?

You're going to want to be able to have your patch cables fall between the slats for pedals rest on.

My advice is to lay your labels out on newspaper and see what spacing you need.

I'm building a mini pedal board using 3/8 × 1.5 slats with about 1" spacing between the slats, but I'vegot all mini pedals.

4. Sarde

Sarde Tele-Meister

1 inch gaps will let you fit 2 switchcraft 226’s on top of each other vertically.

5. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

If you go on the pedal train website, they have a link to a pedalboard planner where you can select the pedal train board that you want to use and then select your pedals from the drop-down menu… It’s not exhaustive… So you may have to find another pedal of a similar size or shape if it’s not an the list…Once you select your pedals you can lay them out on the board and sequence them however you want, guesstimating how much space you will need between them or above them for cables and moving them around until you can fit them all the way that you want to on your board. I used it on mine and it came out perfect.

6. Kayle McGuire

Kayle McGuire Tele-Meister

Go online and look it up.... dimensions are out there I’m sure ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.