Peculiar Guitar Center E-mailed Coupons

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 50ShadesofOrange, Apr 8, 2020.

1. 50ShadesofOrange

50ShadesofOrange Tele-Meister

I presume I’m not the only one getting the E-mailed 15% coupons, or the even-specialler 16% ones for being a loyal customer, from Guitar Center.

If you do, have you noticed that not only does the “employee” who sent it always have a different name, but it’s typically a peculiar name? By “peculiar” I mean something for which you definitely wouldn’t have seen multiple entries in the old white pages, and often some surname you’ve never even seen before.

Between the always-different and often-unusual names, it feels to me more like spearfishing than something you’d expect from a major retail operation. Why not just say it’s from “Guitar Center”?

This is in no way some xenophobic rant! I’m not that kind of person.

I’m just curious (and bored), wondering if anyone else gets those and has the same initial reaction, like you just got another unsolicited offer to earn up to $3000 a week working from home?

Did I say I was bored?

2. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Good old GC! Every time I’ve tried to use a coupon, it’s not applicable to the item I want. LOL
    Luckily, they can usually “talk to their manager”, and get close. But yes, I have been getting the same personalized emails.
    I seem to get better deals from my guy at Sam Ash, anyway. Ask for Evan Schlossberg, fyi.

loco gringo likes this.
  3. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Holic

Nope. And they have my information.

4. 50ShadesofOrange

50ShadesofOrange Tele-Meister

I’ve noticed that, that the coupons exclude anything you’d actually want to buy.

I got lucky last time and found that the Rat 2 could be bought with a coupon, but that’s been the exception. That pedal’s butt-kicking *far* exceeds its price tag, by the way.

Generally, though, I find that whatever I might’ve wanted loses its luster at full price.

So now I treat their E-mails just like the ones from the Nigerian princes who need my help.

Deathray likes this.
  5. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

The reason they do that is MAP- Minimum Advertised Price. Because of dealer agreements, they can't advertise that they'll sell below MAP on certain (i.e., most) products but if you call them, they can sell it to you for whatever price they want.

The big deal used to be when the GC ones worked on used stuff- THAT was cool. That was before paying sales tax on online purchases was a thing, too.

50ShadesofOrange and Deathray like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.