pebber brown

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by LeftyAl, Nov 2, 2013.

1. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

Anyone ever see his guitar lessons on youtube? He seems to be very strict / a purist with his teaching methods. I watch him from time to time ,I'm sure he is an excellent player,but I don't have the time to practice that he says is needed to be a great player.I was playing along with him today for a good while.I check out many learning sites .Anybody have any other sites they recommend?

2. Leon Grizzard

Leon Grizzard Friend of Leo's

I find Pepper Brown entertaining although a little coarse for my sensitive and delicate nature. He has a lot of good information.

3. upinthemteles

upinthemteles Tele-Meister

I like him. He can be kind of mean and insulting at times, but I think it's intended to drive the lesson recipient to succeed. I've also seen videos of him teaching live students, and he's totally nice and informative. Just finished watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK-jr2AkMQ4 He does a beginning music theory review for about four students. One girl asks a lot of what some may call dumb questions, but Pebber never gets upset or noticeably annoyed. It was a good lesson for learning to read music.

I get a laugh out of reading his response to youtube comments. One guy asked, "Hey Pebber, I'm in a 3 chord folk band and want to add some cool fills and inversions to the songs, how do I do that?"

Pebber's answer- "Study guitar"

He's not wrong...

Edit: Suggestions for other sites? Depends what you are into. I really like the jazz guitar forum, introduces me to a lot of interesting ideas. Getting a couple good books is a great idea too. I'm sure if you state your learning goals, you can get a lot of good suggestions here.

4. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

I'm going to go to youtube right now and watch some more of his lessons.They are usually long videos.He can be a little rough with his statements though.But I think he is just trying to let the students know that they need to practice to get better

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.