Peavey Tour series TKO 115 400w combo opinions

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by Craig Williams, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Tele-Meister

Got the chance to pick one of these up very cheaply in decent condition. I'm only a hobby bassist but would be good to have something to practice with a band if needed. As for gigs a very small bar will be the extent of any possible venues so I don't need heaps of power. I play a Fender Jazz and would like something with a nice thud, motown style. I don't play slap or anything. Just after a nice flat tone with some volume. Currently using a Fender Rumble 100w which is surprisingly nice but would like a little more grunt. From what I have read Peavey are stretching rating this amp at 400w, more like 200 which would be fine by me.

What's the opinion on these bass amps now? Most of the reviews I have found about 10 years old. How have they fared going the distance? And by the way anyone know how heavy they are? First specs I read said about 40 lbs (18kg) which is quite light but saw another lot of specs before 60 lbs so hoping its the former.

Any opinions or advice appreciated particularly from owners

2. CCK1

CCK1 Tele-Holic

Peavey really isn't my cup of tea, but their best offerings seem to be bass amps of this vintage. The TKO sounds quite good, and Peaveys of this era are practically bulletproof. I wouldn't pay a lot for it, but from your description of what you want, it should serve you well.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  3. Craig Williams

This amp I think 2010-2018 or so, Peavey Tour series. Don't know if that's what you mean by "this vintage". Peavey TKO and TNT have been around since the 80s I think

4. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

They are tough enough for the road. I had 2 TNT 100's that I ran together. I had always desired a pair of TKO's during that time frame because the TNT was a tad weak as a bass amp.

5. Craig Williams

I thought the TNT (600w) were more powerful than the TKO (400w)?

6. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The Peavey TNT100 was rated at 100w RMS, almost a gutless wonder, but very clean.

7. Craig Williams

I think your talking about the old series bro. This is the tour series

Old Deaf Roadie likes this.
  8. sixstringbastard

sixstringbastard Friend of Leo's

Solid reliable and heavy. It's best to have a roadie or two.

9. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Holic

I actually found one of those. Well I didn't but our public works guys that pick up junk on the side of the road did and threw it in the electronic waste pile. Cabinet was busted up pretty bad but the amp and speaker still worked fine so I gutted it and threw it up in my parts loft. I'll get around to building a cab for it some day. For now I just use one of the old TNT130's. Nice amp for as old as it is but weighs as much as a Buick. The TKO seemed to weigh about half as much. But the TNT does have an EVM15b in it which isn't exactly a light speaker.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.