1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Peavey T-60

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Durtdog, Aug 4, 2011.

1. ITSGOTQUACK

ITSGOTQUACK Banned

My mint 1981 White one. Also have the matching T-40 Bass.

2. Wyzsard

Wyzsard Friend of Leo's

There is a T-60 on the Louisville cl for 200 bucks if anyone is interested. Not mine, but would be if I had the cash :cry:

3. flag72

flag72 Tele-Afflicted

well after ITSGOTQUACK's demo im for sure getting one they just sound very good ...lol

4. Cam

Cam Friend of Leo's

Buy it!

5. SamClemons

SamClemons Poster Extraordinaire

To me, $400.00 is high, but nothing for a guitar I want, would like, and would play.

6. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

That's my opinion as well.

7. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

...thanks for the vid IGQ...good stuff and a great looking T-60...I've got a white one on my search and rescue program...

here's mine...
    [​IMG]

8. Hack On Wheels

Hack On Wheels Tele-Meister

And it's a beauty! I don't know how I missed that one... I'd better pay closer attention to the CL listings. :eek:

9. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

Well, I passed on this one. Along with the pickup change came some custom wiring, which I could not understand. And they wouldn't deal on price. It did play really nice, though.

Are these things made of oak with embedded lead bars or what? I usually tease people who complain about guitar weight, but the weight of this thing was noticeable. Maybe the heaviest guitar I've ever played.

10. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

That's another reason I like the T-15. Smaller body, lighter weight. Think SG light.

11. Ed P

Ed P Friend of Leo's

I must be really lucky. I've got a natural finish T-60 that's not that heavy, like a medium weight Les Paul. A few years ago I had one that weighed a ton, and the one I have is way lighter. Before I took delivery of the guitar I even bought a special strap for heavy weight guitars, and now I'm just using a regular guitar strap.

12. TelecasterSam

TelecasterSam Tele-Afflicted

Itsgotquack, that's interesting. My white one is an '81 and I used to have the T-40 bass, but it was black. At one time I thought about collecting T-60s in every color...would be a cool collection, especially when they were about $150 each.
    I think it's a good guitar, but $400 is too high. In very good condition, I would think $275- $300 is about right. Yes, the T-60 case is awesome protection.

13. flag72

flag72 Tele-Afflicted

you guys should check E-Bay the price of T-60 is going up.Ive been out bid a lot on T-60 over 300$ there going for.but it looks like its a great guitar.;0)

14. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

Try to negotiate the price down and tell that you seem them go a eBay for a little less then $400. He will either drop the price down to what he will take or tell you to go buy from eBay then.

15. ITSGOTQUACK

ITSGOTQUACK Banned

I would gladly pay $600.00 for a great T-60 that would sound amazing, that I would use etc. than spend the same money on something else that is supposed to be more prestigious in someone else's eyes. I'd pay double what I paid for my T-60. It's really that great of a guitar and you pay for quality and it has it in spades. I think that these are the sleeping giants of the future. You just can't find this quality at these prices with any other guitars, especially anything new. Such a bargain.

16. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

They are really heavy, one of my students from ages ago has the bass version, yeow-sah!

17. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

That goes for just about any of the T Series. Fantastic US made guitars at MIC prices.

18. Ed P

Ed P Friend of Leo's

Well said Fezz - I couldn't agree more. Yesterday I was getting that classic "maw" sound out of the bridge humbucker. Who needs a Les Paul?

19. Travst

Travst Tele-Holic

I bought an ash natural T-60 in '81. I don't remember it as being anything special tone-wise, but it was extremely heavy. Lately, I've been looking for one to try out. I want to see if my opinion has changed over the years. They were well-made and virtually indestructible. As I recall, I bought a new TNT amp with it in Oxford, MS.

20. onenotetom

onenotetom Tele-Afflicted

For those of you interested go to www.t60mafia.com Here is a quick run down:

The T stands for Chip Todd the engineer that developed the T series. Objective was a quality USA made guitar at an affordable price. Used computer lathes designed for making gunstocks to make the neck and CNC machines for the bodies. Cast bridges, knobs, and nut. Manufactured under a number of unique patents.

The early versions are refered to as slabs with toasters. Slab bodies and round toaster looking pick ups. These are the ones that heavy. The later ones are contours with blades. The painted ones are poplar and much lighter. The pick-ups are very good but hot and I have found them to be amp sensitive. The wiring is unique in that the tone control also splits the humbuckers. In other words the guitar is amazing with the right amp however it is awful with others.

As others have said, the quality is very good. These are approximately 30 year old guitars so original condition with original components plus the case that they came with new is important to the value. The guitars are very unique, made in the USA and I think are a great addition to anyones collection.

Hope this helps. Tom

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.