1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Peavey Studio Pro 110 teal stripe

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by schenkadere, Feb 27, 2013.

1. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

I'm an experienced Peavey SS user, so I'm sure I will like this amp...and I actually prefer 10" speakers to 12"...idk...just do. Do you guys think $99 is a good price for this amp in good shape provided everything is working?

2. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, a great price for a great amp. I would get two of these & have a full blown stereo rig. Cool cool & super cool

3. Commodore 64

Commodore 64 Friend of Leo's

$100 is the top of what I would pay, but I would consider it worth it.

4. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I would jump on that immediately. That's a really nice little amp. I used to have one, but about four years ago my son was in need of an amp, so I let him pick from several amps I had at the time. He chose the Studio Pro 110 teal stripe. (Smart kid.) I miss that amp. (I do get "visitation rights" when I'm at his house. ;))

A C note for one in good condition? I would lean more towards the Commodore's assessment than homesick's. IOW, I wouldn't say it's a great price (the amp is 20+ years old, after all). But $100 for one is good condition is a good price, a fair price. It's on the higher end of what I would want to pay, but I would pay it without hesitation to get that amp.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  5. 3 Chord

3 Chord Friend of Leo's

I have a red stripe trans tube MIA Envoy, paid $49 in December. The studio pro is a step or two up I would think. I don't know how this compares to the Teal stripe.

I had a larger Teal stripe amp in the early 90's that I gigged hard with. It was a solid performer.

6. drett

drett TDPRI Member

I had a Studio Pro 50 for a while, and I miss it. It was the best SS amp I've owned. Very versatile and toneful. I think I sold mine for around $100, and I think the amps are similar.

7. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

That red stripe MiM (Made in Mississippi ;)) Envoy 110 is a nice amp, and at $49 a very good score (I bought one for $100 a year or so ago). And yes, the Studio Pro is the next step up from the Envoy. The Envoy 110 was 35 watts, then 40 watts (as is now); the Studio Pro (110 & 112, teal stripe through red stripe) was 65 watts.

The teal stripe as I understand it utilized developments that would later be branded TransTube technology, so I think it compares very well. In fact, I also own a teal stripe Envoy. The red stripe has more tweakability, but the teal stripe sounds good, too.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  8. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

A friend of mine used to have one. He always sounded great through it.

I tried to get one and they had discontinued them. Wound up with a teal stripe Bandit '94. Still have it and works everytime I plug it in, great little amp too.

9. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

Thanks guys...maybe I'll offer $80 and see what happens.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.