1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Peavey series 260 disassembly?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by jkn09, May 13, 2009.

1. jkn09

jkn09 Tele-Meister

I've got a question: I bought a Peavey Series 260 amp head (similar to this one: http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/1151191539.html)a few years back used at GC for $60. For that price I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, I rarely use it and it's got some problems (loose connections mostly), and have been reading up on building my own amp. Do you think it would be worth my while to disassemble this amp and build a cab and make it into a combo? I have all the tools and supplies to build a cab with no problem. What all would I need to buy / do you think it's worth it?

2. jkn09

jkn09 Tele-Meister

anybody have any input?

3. jh45gun

jh45gun Banned

If it was me I would go through all the connections and get it working right and leave it as a head.

4. wnorcott

wnorcott Tele-Holic

I agree with jh45gun just fix the loose connections which are probably right just the input jacks or output jacks and keep it as a head. It will destroy whatever resale value it has to turn it into a homemade combo amp and you just might destroy the actual amp in the process.

Bill

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.