1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Peavey Pacer vs Bandit 65?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by zimbo, Mar 4, 2013.

1. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

Are they both basically the same amp? Both have reverb and 12" speakers.
    I have a Bandit 65 but I'm thinking about the Pacer too. It looks like they both can be gotten fairly cheap.

2. JohnSS

JohnSS Tele-Meister

I think the pacer is 40 watts. bandit 65 is 65 watts. Great amps; pre transtube circuit.

3. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Actually, the Pacer is 45 watts. I've never owned or played through one, but from what I've heard the tone is very similar to my Bandits (65 & 75).

And yes, pre-TransTube technology. The Bandit 65 is a early to mid '80s model; the Pacer, late '70s, I believe. The circuitry branded TransTube didn't come along until the mid '90s.

4. sunkidd

sunkidd Tele-Holic

I literally gave away a mint Pacer in the early '80's, to a friend, because it sounded so bad to me! Using a Strat and a 335 at the time...

5. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I used to have a Pacer till I killed it trying to get cute and make it dual extension cab/ combo amp with a switch.

Anyway the amp had a warm tone suitable for jazz to my ears. Could it have been a different speaker from a Bandit? Reverb was ok to good. IMO, ymmv

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.