1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Peavey Microbass Project

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by String Tree, May 16, 2020.

1. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Maybe.
    Ten years ago I bought A used, American Made, Microbass amp for small gigs and practice.
    Not bad. Got what I paid for and, more. I added a 1/4" speaker output jack for different cabinets and, all has been well with the world.

Until

I accidentally pulled a Stoopid. I mistakenly plugged the output of a larger amp in to the output jack of my Microbass while it was turned off.
    Totally my fault.

The Micro won't even power-up.
    However, everything inside looks fine, the speaker, cab, Chasis, etc are in excellent shape.

I would really like to rebuild it. I thought about buying another amp but, after over a year, I can't find anything that does what I want without spending a lot of money. And, I still wouldn't have what I had: Simple, Solid, Dependable.

My guess is that the Transformer (and a few more things) are Toast.

Does anybody know of any Resources for Parts and Schemetics to re-build one of these?

Thanks in advance
    -String Tree

2. EspyHop

EspyHop Tele-Holic

Can’t help, but my very first amp was a Micro Bass.

3. mjr428

mjr428 Tele-Meister

Are you not able to find another microbass amp? Seems like they wouldn't cost much and you'd have extra parts in case you needed them.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

4. W.L.Weller

W.L.Weller Tele-Holic

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.