Peavey Firenza P90

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by peterbilt1101, Jan 25, 2014.

1. peterbilt1101

peterbilt1101 Tele-Holic

Howdy folks. I've been jonesing for a p90 guitar to add to my arsenal and am wondering if I can gather some knowledge on the Peavey Firenza with two soapbar pickups. I've found a couple threads and things but not much. USA made which is nice but doesn't mean everything.

Big question is on price. He says $350-$450 but it appears as though most people out there paid below three bills for a used one.

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

From what I've read those guitars were made in the USA , they are well made and sound great, I played one at a pawn shop years ago and still wish I had bought it , they don't seem to pop up for sale too often.

3. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Nice guitars. Definitely worth $350.

4. bluescaster72

bluescaster72 Tele-Holic

I believe even Stevie Ray Vaughan had one according to one of my books.

5. peterbilt1101

peterbilt1101 Tele-Holic

I'm finding that a lot of these things go for as low as $200. I'm thinking even $350 is high given what I've seen. It looks like a fair price is probably between $250-$300. Did I miss something?

Interesting about srv owning one of these. Weren't these made after he passed? I think they were made from like 98-03 or somewhere in there.

6. bluescaster72

bluescaster72 Tele-Holic

Mymistake . It was a Peavey Impact . He had a red and black one. My fiance gave me two of the big books on SRV Day by Day and night by night . And in it the one that covered his last years . The book lists his guitars along with what their current value
    was. He also had a G&L Invader and a G&L skyhawk. A SG Custom and Flying V and numerous other guitars. Most being vintage Fender strats along with a few oddball guitars. Very informative book. I have both of them one was a birthday present and the other a Christmas present. A must for any SRV Fan !

7. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

I love these... Own a few. There's a lot of good info on these over at the Peavey forum. Google it.

$350 is fair these days with an OHSC. I've paid that for several of mine. $250-300 w/o hard case.

8. peterbilt1101

peterbilt1101 Tele-Holic

Thanks jay. Took some digging but I found it. I actually found the exact same dude on that forum saying they're worth 250-350. He's asking 350-450. Hmm.

What other P90 guitar options do you think I should look at? Thinking about a prs se one or a used reverend with p90s.

9. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

The SE One is a very good option. Single P-90 with a treble bleed circuit, which lends itself to very nice clean tones when you pull back on the volume control. And plenty of P-90 bark when you open it up.

[​IMG]

- D

10. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Well, it shouldn't hurt to ask! :p

They are getting rarer, but stick to your guns... You'll find one eventually.

I like the PRS SE stuff, but for P90's, I prefer the Firenza. If this one gets away, keep your radar up...

11. Maguchi

Maguchi TDPRI Member

Bought an excellent condition, barely used, USA made Peavey Firenza P90 with original hardshell case for $330 about a month ago. I can't put it down. Great tone, pickups are clear and thicker than a Fender when played clean and distorts easily and tonefully. love the feel of the medium thickness of the neck, has a fairly flat 15" radius fretboard that feels a little different, but I got used to it pretty quick. Hangs balanced off the strap.

12. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

That looks like it'd make a great slide guitar with the flatter neck and the P-90's.

13. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I’d have no problem paying $350 for a clean Firenza if I were in the market. The build quality is worth a lot more than that. If it said Fender on the headstock it’d be $800.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.