Peavey-Eldon Shamblin

BB

Poster Extraordinaire
In the early 80's, I was attending a NAAM show in Calif. I was pretty much awe struck going to a little concert there in the evening featuring Johnny Gimble playing with Merle Hagger and his band. Master.....Eldon too.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Those Peaveys don’t do it for me.…for the guitar or the steel. I hear the difference, and I prefer what I hear the early recordings when they played through tube amps. It just doesn’t sound like I want to hear it. Ommv….

Les H

Tele-Holic
My 3 guesses....

Heritage
1653275528129.jpeg

Classic
1653275591526.jpeg

Renown

1653275631785.jpeg

codamedia

Poster Extraordinaire
Eldon Shamblin playing into a Peavey?

It's an 80's era Peavey on that clip... many are pictured above. The line is often referred to as the "Solo Series" or the "400 Series". The knob style is distinctive to the era.

Those amps are pre "trans tube" series, and are much bolder sounding than anything before or after. Almost any big wattage PV amp from that era will deliver that tone... starting with the single 12" "Special 130".

NOTE: Keep in mind that's a TV clip, and those amps are probably "backline amps"... not necessarily what the artists owned themselves. Peavey provided a lot of endorsements during those years, and TV shows were a top priority for them.

Last edited: