Peavey Delta Blues 210 vs 115

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Archangelmm, Nov 10, 2019.

1. skradlee

skradlee TDPRI Member

I personally have had a Delta Blues 210 and a Classic 30 and the Classic 30 was a better fit for me. I like the tone of a 12" speaker and the cab was easier to move around. The trem on the Delta Blues is more of a square shape trem, and I prefer the triangle shape of a Fender amp, so the added trem on the DB wasn't ever used.

Archangelmm likes this.
  2. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

He plays with “Steely Dan” and Fagen. Also does solo stuff. Good solid player.

charlie chitlin likes this.
  3. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Holic

Archangelmm likes this.
  4. mctofuburger

mctofuburger TDPRI Member

I fairly recently acquired the 15" version of the DB. It's an older one with the no-name 15" speaker (Eminence I think). It sounds great on stage to me. Has a voicing that cuts through and I find it easy to dial in a sound that I can hear without being too loud. Very decent work-horse type amp in my opinion.

5. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I once owned a DB 115. The reverb was a little weak, and the tremolo caused a volume drop.
    Other than those two issues the amp sounded pretty good with the right tubes.

JJ EL84 Power Tubes ordered with "LOW BREAKUP"

Pre-Amp Tubes......
    TungSol 12AX7 Position V1 Clean
    JJ ECC803S Large Plate Position V2 Overdrive
    Sovtek 12AX7LPS Large Plate Spiral Filament Position V3 Phase Inverter

6. SparkleFart

SparkleFart TDPRI Member

I have both an old C30 & a Delta Blues 115. I got the DB because I wanted the tremolo and was curious about the 15” speaker. The DB can be a bit “woofy” to me, the tremolo is ok, but the thing is—it seems to gain 4 or 5 lbs. every year. No kidding. With failing knees and advancing age it has become for me a beast; definitely not a "grab-and-go." Nothing wrong with it but I can cover tremolo in more portable ways. But weight may not concern most folks. I’m continually surprised at how the things that matter to me evolve over time.

A.jpg

B.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.