Peavey Delta Blues 115 clean headroom question.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by tosh, Feb 16, 2020.

1. tosh

tosh Tele-Meister

Dear All
    Im thinking about purchasing one of these amps. However, how much clean headroom do these amps have, as i play mainly stuff that requires only a small amount or no break up, ie 50s rock n roll etc. Will this amp deal with pubs and halls etc before distorting? Also, i like a bit of a fat jazzy sound rather than the sparkly highs of some amps, will this amp do the jazzy thing? Do these also accept a boost pedal well for lead solos etc without breaking up?
    Its hard to be subjective when trying one out in a shop, ive bought stuff home before only to realise i didnt need it. Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for any replies
    :)

2. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Holic

The Delta Blues 1x15" is one of the best amps ever made by Peavey... :cool:

Reading your post, let me tell you that you will be 200% satisfied with it ! :)

Don't wait... o_O

-tbln

lineboat likes this.
  3. Auherre756

Auherre756 TDPRI Member

Hey Tosh. I've been using a Delta Blues 115 for 16 years. I've found it to have adequate headroom in most venues ranging from clubs to outdoor festivals (playing a broad range of music styles: country, rock, blues and jazz. It pushes a lot of air without losing its warmth (jazzy sound). When the volume hits 7, the harmonics really bloom. That said, I rarely have the opportunity to raise the volume above 4 without sound engineers' complaints. Just avoid the overdrive channel -- it's absolutely awful!!!
    Disclaimer: sound preference is a personal thing. That said, my preference might differ from yours. Hope this is helpful.

RadioFM74 likes this.
  4. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I can barely go past volume 3-4 on my classic 30, how much more a Delta Blues, which is the same thing except a 15” speaker.

been wanting to upgrade to it but I’m just unsure as its just so heavy. Lol

5. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

My Delta Blues 15 had a little trouble keeping up in a 5 piece rock/blues band. That was maybe 12 years ago though and we played louder than now. For comparison my Deluxe Reverb cut through the band mix very well.
    I loved the tone of the DB though, especially on quieter songs. But be aware, the EL84 based amps are a different sound, punchy lower mids, a bit of "sizzle" tone on the highs. Good lows.
    There are also some noise issues with those amps at times, well noted on forums. You may never have it or it may drive you crazy. Be sure to test the one you buy a good length of time if you can.
    I would like to try one again now that we dont play so loud anymore. I think it could fill a nitche well.

RadioFM74 likes this.
  6. tosh

tosh Tele-Meister

Many thanks for your replies guys. Its given me more of an idea. Muchly appreciated.

7. Henry Mars

Henry Mars Tele-Afflicted

DB is a great amp. I can be clean and loud. I have a friend that uses one ... just don't expect Fender clean. I use my classic 30 frequently with no volume issues. I have a clean fat jazzy style If you are playing fat the amp works well. Go for it.

8. tosh

tosh Tele-Meister

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all of your responses, muchly appreciated and valued. I am now the proud owner of a Peavey Delta Blues 115. However, ive sent the unit to my amp tech for a look over/service as there is a bit of a buzz when the reverb is turned up. Is this normal on these amps?
    Cheers

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    RadioFM74 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.