Peavey Bandit speaker upgrade? Texas Heat/Swamp Thang?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Chimey1, Apr 23, 2021.

1. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I'd be looking for an old Peavey Scorpion speaker to swap in.

Les H likes this.
  2. charlieBravo

charlieBravo TDPRI Member

I just popped in a WGS g12c/s 8ohm and it really helped to tame the piercing highs and strong mid-range. The Scorpion is a great speaker but I really wanted a more scooped sound out of it and this speaker did exactly that.

Attached Files:

3. Digger73

Digger73 TDPRI Member

I have had a Texas Heat in my Classic 30 for about 8 years. It is a terrific match for this circuit. My initial experience I still remember it as a lot like Chimey1’s. This is not one of my core gigging/session amps, but it is one I plug into whenever I want to smile. I have gigged with it from time to time, depending what the groove calls for. This amp/speaker has never lacked in clarity and punches clear through every time. I have a 2 x 12 with another Texas Heat/Swamp Thing set in it. I have not had the occasions to deploy this setup often. But, I do enjoy it when I hook it up in a space to push it volume wise and it pairs very well. In other amps I have Austin Speaker Works, Jupiters, Fat Jimmy’s, and Jensen BB100. This relatively inexpensive Texas Heat is one of the best bangs for the money….Eminence is a good line of speakers. I have a Red Fang Alnico and a Governor as well in cabs that gets some play. Texas Heat is a favorite.

P Thought likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.