1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Peavey Bandit Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Daddydex, Feb 4, 2010.

1. strat56

strat56 Tele-Holic

I have one, it's great if you can play loud enough to need it. Mine still has the stock speaker in it. It's a good solid piece of Peavey gear. Mine is a 1984 so it's over 30 years old and still working great, have needed to clean the pots but not replaced any electronics or the speaker.

2. LagoTele

LagoTele TDPRI Member

I had a 65 watt Bandit circa 1980 something. Sold it two years ago,all original with the scorpion speaker. As stated before it is great if you can play loud enough to need it. Mine on 0 could be heard across the house. At 6 we blew a window out of a 20x30 shop. I have never had it above that. When I sold it I said it is loud and louder and that is it! Loved it though, great tone and indestructible. If I had more room to just store amps I would have never let it go because I did enjoy playing it. Especially when you want loud and clean.

Sune Andersson likes this.
  3. Sune Andersson

Sune Andersson Tele-Meister

I have TWO Teal Stripe Bandits (I had three!) and they sound great but REALLY loud!

Bill Moore likes this.
  4. Ginger Lefty

Ginger Lefty TDPRI Member

Here is my red stripe Bandit. Only got this about a month ago for $100 and I love it. Excuse my crappy playing.

5. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

I have the latest Bandit and its smaller brother, the Envoy. Both work really well with Telecasters-especially the Envoy which stands up very well against our noisy drummer.

GrantR likes this.
  6. markal

markal Tele-Afflicted

I had a Bandit red stripe but returned due to bad static on the lead channel (not that I like the lead channel much anyway). Went down to Music Go Round because they had several red and silver stripe bandits in stock. But I ended up going with a studio pro 112, silver stripe. Sounds almost as good, not as big and round on the clean channel, but good enough. $80.

7. jwp2

jwp2 Tele-Holic

I play through some really nice tube amps,AC30 and Fender Twin Reverb as well as a Vibro Champ. I am always pleasantly surprised at how well my teal striped Bandit 112 sounds even after playing those great tube amps. And its a whole lot lighter too!

8. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Holic

My next bandit will be a teal stripe.

9. jwp2

jwp2 Tele-Holic

It really is a great sounding amp! Heck, My other amps in all reality could never leave the house!

10. _Rob

_Rob NEW MEMBER!

MyPeaveyBandit112RedStripe.jpg

Peavey Bandit 112 Redstripe = nice! Just sourced one out at a local music store for $150. Kinda' funny, the kid behind the counter was like, "You're here to check out what amp? A bandit?????" Yeah bud, show me to the Bandit! It was under a pile of other amps, unloved and dirty but once I plugged in, all the hype was backed up, (even with my lousy playing.) I'll take it! Cleaned her up and she looks practically brand new.

Thanks to everyone who's shared in this thread, really helped us guys not "in the know."

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    GrantR and Thomas Anderson like this.
  11. jwp2

jwp2 Tele-Holic

Congratulations Rob, It's the best bang for the buck amp out there!

12. Thomas Anderson

Thomas Anderson TDPRI Member

Same combination here :)

B&P.jpg

Thanks to this thread, I discovered the tone of the Bandit amps.
    And another red stripe, but with "block logo", is coming... lol

_Rob likes this.
  13. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I don't know how many Peavey Bandit owners/enthusiasts are also fathers, but I suspect at least a few, so...Happy Father's Day! :)

14. BIGD5

BIGD5 TDPRI Member

Back at ya Larry!!

15. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

I gave my son his first amp....my Peavey Envoy.

BIGD5 and Mr_Martin like this.
  16. Marlin B

Marlin B Tele-Meister

Im in.

Faraldi likes this.
  17. BIGD5

BIGD5 TDPRI Member

:)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  18. Faraldi

Faraldi Tele-Afflicted

Yes even though we've all seen the many variations of the Bandit, we still love pics. :)

19. stax

stax Tele-Afflicted

Just a heads up for anyone servicing the newer Peavey amps, be a bit carefull with the wire housing connectors, I've had several USA Bandits and studio pros and also one of each in the red stripe version and honestly up to now never noticed a differance in the build quality but I serviced a SP last week with an intermittent reverb and disconnected the housing connector for that and the main 9 wire one from the pots to the amp and neither worked when they were plugged back in, I ended up having to solder the wires to the male side of the housing, the connecters on these are nowhere near as good quality as the older versions which I've had on and off loads of times and always go back nice and tight with no problems, just something to bear in mind when giving the amps a service.

GrantR and syrynx like this.
  20. Marlin B

Marlin B Tele-Meister

20160723_073431.jpg

Faraldi likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.