1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Peavey Bandit Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Daddydex, Feb 4, 2010.

1. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Holic

I agree it doesn't belong last on the list and he probably hasn't played one. But with as high as their noses are in the air I'm surprised they even mentioned it.

2. delkabong

delkabong TDPRI Member

Do not use a SHIELDED guitar cable to connect a speaker! If I read that correctly, you're suggesting using a guitar cable as a speaker cable - never do that.
    If you do that, you'll most likely damage or blow your amp. Shielded cables are for passing along low power signal and cannot handle the load that a power amp puts out. instead, use the 1/4" jack and solder it to speaker cable
    - if you don't have a speaker cable cannibalize an old extension cord as that can easily handle your amp load and works fine for Speakers.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  3. tacomamc

tacomamc Tele-Afflicted

I apologize if I've passed bad information. It's something I did with a micro amp, (not what one would consider a real amp) and I didn't realize that it would jeopardize anything with a bigger amp. I'm glad you chimed in to correct it.

4. intotone

intotone NEW MEMBER!

peavey amps

recently found this great sounding peavey bravo. will get pics up soon. im a new member and enjoy this forum . will also have pics of my peavey guitars.

5. 3CardMonty

3CardMonty TDPRI Member

Just got this Peavey Bandit 112 from, I believe, '94 or '96. Can anyone tell me which year? ImageUploadedByTDPRI1444932208.859550.jpg ImageUploadedByTDPRI1444932229.441018.jpg

6. BadBen

BadBen TDPRI Member

7. 3CardMonty

3CardMonty TDPRI Member

Thanks Ben. I contacted [email protected] & they told emailed me back within an hour that it's a 1994 mfg date. It's a great amp.

8. alfish

alfish TDPRI Member

Hello!
    I own a late model Bandit and I've used it everywhere. It has never ever let me down and I recommend it highly...

alfish (he said wha????)

GrantR likes this.
  9. JereTele

JereTele TDPRI Member

I picked up my first Bandit today from a pawn shop for $159 before taxes. I was surprised at how big it was. No scratchy pots and the reverb works fine. It's a made in the USA red stripe model with the Sheffield speaker. I'm really impressed by the tonal variety. I've got an envoy waiting for me at a fedex location so I'll be able to compare the two amps. I think I'll skip the Bandit for this generation and wait for the next. I believe the series two lasted from 1988 to 1995. It looks like we're due for a new bandit soon. The red strip Bandit seems to be the most feature rich bandit. It actually has one more feature than the newer model. You can plug in an outside signal and kill the bandit preamp at the same time. It basically becomes a powered speaker. This would be good for multifx pedals or daisy chaining. Why didn't Peavey keep this feature? This leads me to another question, what additional features would you guys like to see in the next Bandit iteration? I'd say bring back the "powered amp in" connector (what I just described above) and add a gain shaping section. I have a Tech 21 PSA 1.1 and rather than just giving you a three band EQ Tech 21 also gives you a three band Gain EQ which allows your amp sim to go from a funder bassman to a Mesa Boogie. The PSA is all analog. If Peavey eliminated the "classic, modern, high gain" switch and replaced it with a gain EQ I'd be very very happy.

P.S. I'm also a telly player ...

10. JereTele

JereTele TDPRI Member

Feature testing

I was just testing out the bandit for functionality and noticed that if I am driving the amp with "power amp in" nothing comes out of "preamp out" ... I guess killing the preamp really kills the preamp ... so you can use the peavey as a powered speaker but you can't really daisy chain as with a Tech 21 power engine ...

11. jwag

jwag Tele-Meister

I don't know if they count, but I have a Peavey Backstage Plus 35W and a Studio Pro 40W.

12. JereTele

JereTele TDPRI Member

how do you like 'em?

13. jwag

jwag Tele-Meister

I like them a lot, I kinda prefer the Backstage Plus with the 10' speaker a little better....though I've played it more since I've got them. The Studio Pro has a 12' speaker and it has a really good clean tone...but the Backstage Plus has a little more gritty/edginess that I dig.

I also have a Classic 50 Head with a 2×12 Cab, and a Delta Blues with a 15' that I like a lot too.

I like Peavey amps, my first amp ever was a Peavey Stereo Chorus 400...I wish I'd never sold that amp.

14. JereTele

JereTele TDPRI Member

I think 10" sounds better under lower volume situations. You can really push a 10" when cranking the volume, thereby getting some great sounds. You have to do that at much higher volumes with a 12" which is not feasible under most circumstances. I think Peavey needs to put out a 60 watt+ combo with a 2X10 configuration.

15. 4telecaster4

4telecaster4 Tele-Meister

I'm in too!!

Just got this also...along with a 130...but this one needs a good cleaning and Its weak sounding....have to take it apart...clean the pots etc.. and see what happens.....any suggestions?

Attached Files:

16. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Holic

Clean all your jacks including fx loop and pre out pwr in jacks with Deoxit.

17. 4telecaster4

4telecaster4 Tele-Meister

Thanks. Didn't think about all the different jacks

18. stax

stax Tele-Afflicted

Yea as has been suggested the effects loop jack is often the culprit, if you haven't got any contact cleaner just try a patch lead in it.

19. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Tele-Afflicted

Back in the day, my sister in law played guitar, and keyboards. She had a Bandit 65, and I found a deal on a TNT. I used them both for her rig, from a small mixer into the TNT, with the high frequency out to the Bandit, really sounded great!

20. RGormanM

RGormanM TDPRI Member

100_0396.jpg My Brother-in-law is a tennis coach/instructor and had a local dentist as a client.One day the client asked him if he knew anyone who played guitar,I was mentioned and the dentist gave him a Peavey Predator tele copy and this amp.Being the owner of a '73 Marshall and a '65 twin reverb re-issue I put it in the closet and ignored it for a while.When I finally tried it out,I loved it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.