PDGT Syndrome

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WingedWords, Apr 1, 2020.

1. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

Anyone feeling this? Play a different guitar today syndrome.

In my case it’s mostly triggered by some great threads posted recently here on TDPRI: Jazzmaster and Esquire picture threads, a “how to get a good tone from my Les Paul”, among others. I’ve had some great days exploring some guitars I’m very privileged to have around and shamefully neglect.

I have to get my inspiration for these passions elsewhere though:

DSC_4809.JPG 20200319_110728.jpg

I’ve also been inspired to dig out some neglected pedals (I’m a simple chap - little touch of reverb’ll do me) eg my 20+ year old Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal, add a new Flashback delay and wire up a power supply. I’ve finally sorted out how I can use the Boss TC20 looper that’s been mint in box for the past 15 years or so. The days pass so quickly and I’m waking up every morning keen to get on.

Stay safe, well and busy everyone.

tintag27 and tah1962 like this.
  2. rickthescot

rickthescot Tele-Holic

Having a stupid number of guitars, as I do, there are of course a few that go days or weeks without me touching them. But like you mentioned, I get inspired to pick up a different one all the time, it keeps me interested and inspired to play. I'm not so big on pedals as I only have a few but I also have 3 amps that all do different things to me. Can't imagine what I would do without my gear or the ability to make some noise.

WingedWords likes this.
  3. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Afflicted

It's Wednesday so it must be...Telecaster Day!:p

WingedWords likes this.
  4. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Yes, and I am finding I definitely like a couple over the others.

WingedWords likes this.
  5. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

I play strats or teles 80% of the time but this past week I decided to give my Gibson LP Traditional and my PRS McCarty 594 some love. I finally got the LP dialed in. I’ll be working on dialing in the McCarty 594 this week.

I also just finished up building a 2x10 baffle for my oversized 1x12 cabinet. I’ve been trying multiple 10” speaker combinations with all my guitars and amps.

I’m also going to play around with my pedalboard. I’ve got several backup pedals so why not experiment while I’ve got the time.

WingedWords likes this.
  6. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

If I feel that way it's somewhat limited. I've been GAS-free for a long time. For me it's a simple switch between acoustic and electric. If latter, the one Telecaster or my semi-hollow.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.