paypal scam???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by bender-freak, Nov 15, 2011.

1. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

can't log into my PayPal account; get a "notice" that our account has been "randomly" selected for a "security" check and to enter our checking acct. # associated with that account. no matter HOW i try to access/notify PayPal to verify if this is legit i canNOT get past this stupid notice. anyone else ever had this happen? i ain't about to enter ANY info online. this is insane if it IS legit; if anything had changed on MY end i would have had to notify THEM to begin with.....:mad::mad:

all the more reason i despise the idea of PayBuddy to begin with......

2. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

If you log onto PayPal form the PayPal homepage with the https. address you will be fine, just don't go there via an E-mail link.

I changed my password the other day and had to enter my checking Acc. # to do that.

3. Rhomco

Rhomco Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Good old Paypal

Has figured out some people have closed the bank account associated with their paypal account. They are concerned about losing the ability to exercise their option to take your money as stated in the users agreement.
    Gotta love Paypal

4. bender-freak

i've already tried that, no worky....i've tried going thru old emails that i KNOW are legit. i've tried going thru the Google links. i've made sure that it is https and NOT just http. i cannot send them an email without this stupid thing popping up, i can't use Google to try to find a phone# without it popping up....any suggestions, guys and girls??????

there's gotta be some way to contact them, but i ain't found it yet....not gonna fool with the jackasses much more. there was only a few pennies left in the acct. anyway. i WAS gonna add a fair little chunk to it and purchase several pickup sets from GFS, but i'm outta the mood now, LOL.

5. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Did you click on a link in this email that you recieved and enter your user name and password?

6. rolling56

rolling56 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I just signed in using my email and password. When i click on contact us by phone it gives me a WebPIN that only lasts 60 mins and this phone number 1-888-221-1161

So without that WebPIN i don't know if they will even talk to you?

Give that number a try neighbor

7. Frontier9

Frontier9 Friend of Leo's

Sounds like you have some malware installed on your computer. Do you use any program(s) to find and remove (and protect yourself from) harmful programs? If a malicious program is popping up a window directing you to a bogus PayPal site, then it isn't PayPal's fault...

8. bender-freak

it wasn't an email link i received, Mike...it pops up when i try to log into my acct. no matter how many ways i try to access or contact them, this thing pops up, and i canNOT proceed any further.

i will try the phone# rolling 56 provided after a while. at this point i really don't care if i EVER get to use PaySlop again.....

9. rolling56

rolling56 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I would be interested if that phone number works. I hope it does so you can get this straightened out.

10. vinman

vinman Tele-Meister

I just found this phone number and tried it. It is paypal customer service. I didn't listen to the whole greeting but it did say paypal customer service.
    888-221-1161

11. boomboomba

boomboomba Tele-Meister

I don't think it's a scam or malware on your computer.

Paypal occasionally wants you to prove who you are when you login from a different ip address. If you went directly to paypal.com in your browser, your browser should confirm that it is Paypal, inc and a secure site (https).

12. jwsamuel

jwsamuel Friend of Leo's

Yeah...Imagine the nerve of PayPal trying to make sure that people don't use their service to rip people off.

People open a PayPal account and tie it to a bank account. They put stuff for sale on eBay and when all the payments are transferred into their bank accounts, they pull the money out, close the account and never send the times they sold.

Jim

13. bender-freak

sorry, i'm not following your logic on this:confused:

i don't sell on EvilBay, i am just an infrequent buyer as EvilBay is still a source for stuff that can't be easily found elsewhere at a humn price.

when i first registered with Ebay years ago, i was told they would NEVER ask for any personal info such as passwords, account#'s, etc. and since PayPayl/Buddy is OWNED by Ebay.....just what the crap gives here? yeah...color me VERY suspicious.

i may try the phone # later this evening since it is impossible to get past this pop-up to use their so-called customer service on line.

14. jwsamuel

jwsamuel Friend of Leo's

PayPal has always asked for account numbers. How else would it know where to send you money?

PayPal and eBay NEVER ask you for your password. If you get any communication from them asking for a password, it is a scam and not from payPal or ebay.

They also never ask for personal or account information in an email. If they need information updated, they will send an email -- without a link -- asking you to log onto your account to update the info. If you get an email with a link, it is most likely a scam.

I have never seen a pop-up used on either PayPal or eBay. Most likely, that is some kind of scam too.

Jim

15. Joe Baggadonitz

Joe Baggadonitz Friend of Leo's

I thought it said "Papal scam" at which point I was going to go on a tirade about the catholic church and greed, corruption, hypocrisy and the senseless slaughter of millions in the name of... ah!what's the point.

16. Lostinthe50s

Lostinthe50s Tele-Afflicted

I got a pop-up when my CC hit its expiry date. I figured since they knew it had expired it was probably legit.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.