1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Paying Respects to the Allman Brothers

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Durtdog, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

While driving through south Georgia recently, I stopped at Rose Hill Cemetery in Macon and paid my respects to the Allman Brothers. I've been driving by it for years, and finally stopped in.

It's a beautiful cemetery that dates back to the mid 1800s. Just a few visitors were there. There were two girls there when we arrived, looked to be about 14 years old, gazing at the graves respectfully. One of them looks at me and asks, "do you know where Elizabeth Reed is buried?" I was pretty shocked that a 14 year old would know anything about the Allmans, especially Elizabeth Reed.

Gregg Allman2.jpg Duane Allman2.jpg

jman72, songtalk, dkmw and 1 other person like this.
  2. dkmw

dkmw Poster Extraordinaire

Always brings a tear....

It's been so long since they left us but it seems like yesterday.

The music lives forever, thanks guys.

brookdalebill and songtalk like this.
  3. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Is Gregg buried there now? I thought that was what I had heard. Is the first photo related to him? Never have heard what happened to Butch Trucks' remains.

4. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

The first photo with all the flowers but no marker on it is Gregg's grave, the second one with the stone markers is Duane and Berry Oakley. Gregg's is close, but not beside the others. I understand they are going to rearrange the plot to put Gregg beside Duane.

5. jwp333

jwp333 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I investigated further and that's what the report was. Maybe they'll change the fencing, but they plan to remove the sidewalk between Gregg and Duane's graves. I also read that Gregg had bought 10 plots there, and that there were plans to have his mother's remains moved there. Also mentioned that a memorial wall will be built.

Durtdog likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.