Pay Attention to Your Breakfast!

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
I made brown rice for supper last night, split it with Miz Diane. She started complaining about 'hard metallic-tasting bits' in her rice (after I'd eaten mine) and offered up an evidence napkin with some hulls, etc., and her unfinished bowl of rice.

Yup, those were hulls. I finished her bowl. Never noticed a thing.
If you’d use these nice cereal bowls from Harbor Freight, the metallic bits will be separated. You have to use a plastic spoon though.

1642601430141.jpeg

Dave W

Poster Extraordinaire
Gotta get the steel cut or the old fashioned thick rolled ones. One part oats and one part water with a generous pat of grass fed butter and a pinch of sea salt for one minute in the instapot.

Depends on the type - I eat rolled oats (porridge style), much better than steelcut, which turns into mushy gruel.

Nope. Not for me, thanks.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
To each his own. I'm lazy buy my wife makes good oatmeal. I'll have to ask her what kind of oats -- I think they are just "large".

Plus she adds maple syrup, nuts, seeds, berries, hemp hearts and yogurt. There's a lot goin on.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Indeed
If breakfast really is the most important meal (it's not) probably shouldn't be pasteurized processed low fat GMO grain fed fat free holstein milk on top of glycophosphate doused high glycemic grain with high fructose corn syrup.

Starting the day with a huge dose of simple carbs and sugar will put you into an insulin coma first thing in the morning.

No no, you missed the point. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for your Endocrinologist. :mad:

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Grape nuts. Have to let them sit awhile to get softer nowadays. Lol

Lost_N_Austin

Friend of Leo's
What a funny coincidence.

I was sitting here eating a bowl of "Jerrios" while checking out TDPRI on my laptop.
I did have to stop chewing to hear the morning show on the TV because of the Crunchy noise.

As to the Cheese in the aerosol spray can - you need to blow out that little dried "Plug' when you reuse it.
Lost_N_Austin

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Spinach salads, for breakfast. Because, why not?
For some of us, it’s preference and because we are on blood thinners like warfarin ( Coumadin) and must keep our intake of counterbalancing vitamin K at a more constant level. Leafy greens are loaded with vitamin K, so I can eat a normal serving of green peas or green beans, or one leaf of raw spinach. I’d love to enjoy a good full serving of cooked mustard or turnip greens, but that’s too much for me. Fresh or cooked spinach I don’t love so much, so I just keep a bag of fresh leaves of it in the fridge, and eat (more like choke down!) one leaf on days we don’t serve moderate K-veggies of any kind. When I can get it (grow my own in season) I prefer a partial leaf of mustard or turnip greens to the spinach.