Pay Attention to Your Breakfast!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I need no encouragement to eat delicious unhealthy food. Although if we're talking sausage gravy, I have encountered a bone chip from the sausage grinder before.

Me too, you have one of two choices right there. Spit it across the room, and hope nobody notices, or swallow it along with a big gulp of coffee! Those stomach acids will make short work of it before it gets to the bottom!

radtz

Tele-Holic
Me too, you have one of two choices right there. Spit it across the room, and hope nobody notices, or swallow it along with a big gulp of coffee! Those stomach acids will make short work of it before it gets to the bottom!
I learn so many life hacks from this forum.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
I made brown rice for supper last night, split it with Miz Diane. She started complaining about 'hard metallic-tasting bits' in her rice (after I'd eaten mine) and offered up an evidence napkin with some hulls, etc., and her unfinished bowl of rice.

Yup, those were hulls. I finished her bowl. Never noticed a thing.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
It’s likely “cheese food”, which seems to be some kind of product, with cheese as a component thereof. What do I think? “Cheese food is what cheese eats.”

I rarely eat cheese, but when I do, I prefer the real cheese.

It’s usually in the same section of the store as that plastic wrapped imposter, but not in individually [plastic-] wrapped slices.

So how do you feel about spray cheese in a can?

Mechanic

Friend of Leo's
My breakfast is coffee, black, 1st and foremost. The rest can be cinnamon toast to a Spam omelette. Cereals can be steal cut oats to Fruit Loops to Shreaded Wheat. I prefer the omelette but most days don’t have the time. Coffee is also great with a dash of Irish Cream on rare occasions, though I shouldn’t have any at all. Some habits are hard to ignore.

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
I was watching TV and absentmindedly eating a bag of nacho Doritos when I got a ball of conglomerated Doritos seasoning that had gongealed into a ball about 1/3 of an inch in diameter. I ate it. It was delicious. There were 3 or 4 of those balls in that bag.

scrapyardblue

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Only thing worse than cold cereal at breakfast is oatmeal. 🤮

Wait just a minute there, mister. No better way to get some bananas and berries in your diet than a hot bowl of fiber rich delicious oatmeal. Makes one feel better about the fried chicken for lunch and dinner

MisterZ

Tele-Afflicted
I recall someone in my household buying "Ezekiel Cereal" (yep like the Bible) which was advertised as containing "roughage".
When he poured the cereal out several fairly large wood chunks came out, I guess that was the roughage.
They make "bread" too. I say "bread" because it's horrible.

Dave W

Poster Extraordinaire
Wait just a minute there, mister. No better way to get some bananas and berries in your diet than a hot bowl of fiber rich delicious oatmeal. Makes one feel better about the fried chicken for lunch and dinner

No thanks, oatmeal looks and tastes like something that's already been eaten and regurgitated.

Duck Herder

Tele-Meister
Sugar and carbs woud kill me in the morning if I tried to eat that....
Indeed
If breakfast really is the most important meal (it's not) probably shouldn't be pasteurized processed low fat GMO grain fed fat free holstein milk on top of glycophosphate doused high glycemic grain with high fructose corn syrup.

Starting the day with a huge dose of simple carbs and sugar will put you into an insulin coma first thing in the morning.