Pay Attention to Your Breakfast!

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
That glorious 'Merican cheese slice. No need to even remove the plastic wrap.
It’s likely “cheese food”, which seems to be some kind of product, with cheese as a component thereof. What do I think? “Cheese food is what cheese eats.”

I rarely eat cheese, but when I do, I prefer the real cheese.

It’s usually in the same section of the store as that plastic wrapped imposter, but not in individually [plastic-] wrapped slices.

Whatizitman

Poster Extraordinaire
I can't handle "hard-to-chew" cereals anymore. When I DO eat cereal, I usually have a bowl of bran flakes and mix in some Captain Crunch for flavor and sweetness. This way, I can delude myself it's at least a little healthy. :)

Right? Decades ago I would eat yogurt with Grape Nuts religiously. Not exactly sure how any of my teeth survived.

Nowadays I eat greek or icelandic yogurt with at most crumbled up oatmeal pieces in it. Still worry about fractures.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It’s likely “cheese food”, which seems to be some kind of product, with cheese as a component thereof. What do I think? “Cheese food is what cheese eats.”

I rarely eat cheese, but when I do, I prefer the real cheese.

It’s usually in the same section of the store as that plastic wrapped imposter, but not in individually [plastic-] wrapped slices.

Guys, the sandwich had Spam on it and you're fretting over a cheez slice?!

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
My usual breakfast is coffee and Greek yoghurt topped with fruit and Muesli. The fruits range from berries to papaya, pomegranate, or mango. I have strong preferences.
Coffee: Maui Red Rooster
Berries: blackberries from my garden when available
Mango: Keitt, Haitian, or Champaign Mexican in season
Papaya: Hawaiian
Pomegranate: Pom California
Muesli: Michelle’s or Bob’s Red Mill

There are good alternative choices from South America when my favorites are out of season.

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
What are you complaining about? Those rock-hard chunks are the best part, as long as you got your own teeth.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
This is a public service announcement. I poured a bowl of breakfast cereal, dumped in some milk and then started absentmindedly munching away while reading. At some point I noticed something wasn't right. In order to not shame the manufacturer I'll disguise the cereal name and refer to it a Jeerios Honey Oat Crunch. These chunks are as hard as granite:
View attachment 941563
See, now right there is what you get for trying to eat healthy! If you stick to having biscuits and gravy for breakfast, there ain't anything hard enough in there after cooking to get your attention, and you would have just eaten it up!

radtz

Tele-Holic
See, now right there is what you get for trying to eat healthy! If you stick to having biscuits and gravy for breakfast, there ain't anything hard enough in there after cooking to get your attention, and you would have just eaten it up!
I need no encouragement to eat delicious unhealthy food. Although if we're talking sausage gravy, I have encountered a bone chip from the sausage grinder before.