Pawn Shop Offset Special

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Dyloh, May 18, 2021.

1. Dyloh

Dyloh TDPRI Member

Does anyone happen to have any information in regards to the Pawnshop Offset guitar? Maybe even a template for the body?

Is it a hollow body? Is it just a F hole Strat skewed a lil bit towards a Jazzmaster?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

crazydave911 likes this.
  2. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

do you have a picture of one to give us any Ideas?

crazydave911 likes this.
  3. Dyloh

Dyloh TDPRI Member

Sorry, silly to have not posted pics. Here ya go.

Attached Files:

4. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

It looks like a mashup of a Strat, Jazzmaster and a bit of a Thinline thrown in. I think you may be on your own as I can't see any plans online but what I'd do is take a Strat plan and overlay a Jazzmaster plan and see what you come up with. It is semi-hollow from what I've read.

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/fender-pawn-shop-offset-special-570460

"Living up to its name, this Fender features an original body outline that combines Strat-style double-cutaway horns with a significantly sloping waist and lower bouts borrowed from the Jazzmaster."

"As well as its all-new sleekly contoured shape, the alder body incorporates a single long f-hole. This confirms the semi-solid construction, which helps keep overall mass to a meagre 3kg."

So it's capped and the challenging part would be the arm contour and belly cut..

If you build it post it. It would be an interesting build.

LeftFinger, Blister, tewiq and 2 others like this.
  5. RiversQC

RiversQC Tele-Meister

I like it. I don't know for sure but I expect it's just an f-hole strat with a more offset shape. That heel end is different.

I've had some success making my own templates from online pictures where none are otherwise available.
    1. Find a good quality head-on shot of the body
    2. Convert to a pdf. Use Adobe to measure the dimension of the image (eg. Might be 4.3" across as a pdf).
    3. Re-scale the pdf to desired size. Ideally someone will have listed an accurate length or width measurement, or I'd guess same width as a strat.
    4. Print the pdf as a tile/poster.
    I did a f-hole strat last year by measuring and terracing a smallish pocket. Took some time to figure out -- make a good locating template -- but not that hard :)

20201227_175324.jpg

crazydave911 and LeftFinger like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.