Pawlonia Body?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by MonkeyJefferson, Nov 20, 2019.

1. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Holic

I am very interested in getting a body made of this. I have tried three from guitar fetish, and none were drilled/routed properly. Is there a reputable company that makes good ones that don't require a Masters Degree in luthiery and $800 dollars worth of parts to fix, with a reasonable finish? I'd get a Brad Paisley one in a second if it didn't have that hideous relic job those all have. (Who wears a guitar out like that? A guy with a set screw protruding from his elbow?)

2. CV Jee Beez

CV Jee Beez Tele-Holic

Maybe G&L can help. I only think so because they offer this species for all or most of their models. Best of luck.

MonkeyJefferson likes this.
  3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I've had good luck with the muslady bodies on ebay. Not Paulownia though although they may have them too. Their sycamore bodies are very light and may actually be paulownia for all I know.

bender66 and MonkeyJefferson like this.
  4. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Holic

Maybe Paisley does, and so the guitar is a true-to-life replica. Maybe that's his secret to success.

Now watch for a Youtube of some nimrod demonstrating elbow setscrews.

5. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Guitar Mill

6. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

I just bought one of those to sample route a Custom layout. The one i purposefully bought didnt have any holes other than the routes. If they can screw it up it's on them. If I do it's my own damn fault. I wish the sold blank bodies in paulownia.

This is just stupid though. Yes they're cracks.
    20191120_131337.jpg

I better check the ash body I got.

7. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Afflicted

Picked up a piece of timber off the beach just the other day, probably been in the sea for 50 years, not quite as badly split as that though. Mine could make a road worn body but yours is a heavy relic!

bender66 likes this.
  8. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

I‘m about to order a strat body in Pawlonia from GFS. I have two pawlonia teles I built from GFS and both needed tweakin’. I wish Warmoth sold pawlonia bodies. It’s my favorite wood now. Used to be basswood but pawlonia is even lighter and stiffer and they are super springy and responsive.

MonkeyJefferson likes this.
  9. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Give Eden guitars a try, they have pawlonia bodies sprayed and ready to ship. Not sure about colors offered.

MonkeyJefferson and 4pickupguy like this.
  10. eedwards

eedwards Tele-Meister

I also recommend Guitar Mill. I have a Pawlonia Strat that is like a feather. They can do unfinished or finished, with or without relicing. I toured the factory a few years ago and its a small operation, but they make great stuff. I also have a Guitar Mill Tele that I can't imagine selling.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.