Paul Simon's strat...

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I think Paul Simon would be my choice for desert-island musical partner, especially now that I find out he plays electrics sometimes--bring 'em all, Paul! Trouble is, the poor guy would be stuck on the desert island with me!

I have all the Simon and Garfunkel albums, both on vinyl and CD, and the first two or three Simon solo albums. I sang along with them long before I picked up guitar. I have an old "complete works" songbook, too, and have learned and forgotten two or three songs from it.

howlin

Tele-Afflicted
I can’t get any where with the link to the luthier interview. This might already be covered: The guitar was brought to PS to discuss how he wanted it to move forward. After playing it wanted to keep it exactly how you see it now. That’s how I remember it.

burntfrijoles

Poster Extraordinaire
Paul Simon is one of the greatest songwriters ever!!! His abilities as a guitarist are probably not as appreciated as deserved.

Sounds of Silence, Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme and Bookends are three beautiful albums. The Concert in Central Park album is a fabulous live album. I think Bookends is my favorite album.
There are so many beautiful little gems in each album, "For Emily Wherever I May Find Her" is one my favorites.

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
I think Scarborough Fair is perhaps the most beautiful song ever written.
Scarborough Fair is an old Scottish (Irish?) ballad, isn't it?

Yeah, but the way Simon arranged it, with the "dueling" vocal parts & the beautiful voice of Art Garfunkle, combined with Paul's guitar...gets me everytime.
Paul Simon has a history of lifting things from others and taking songwriting credit. Look it up.