Paul Cochran Tim v3

Maroonandwhite

Tele-Meister
I still can’t believe it but I actually got a notification for the Tim v3 today from humbucker music. I was able to get one before they sold out in what seemed like 2 minutes. I’ve never played through a Timmy but I’m sure if I hate it I will have no trouble moving it on. Seems like a neat pedal though with some solid quality of life upgrades.

Maroonandwhite

Tele-Meister
So what's the verdict?
I’m still toying around with it and haven’t got to play it at church yet but will tomorrow. I really think it’s accurate to say it’s just give you “more” of what your amp sounds like.

I run my blues jr just less than the edge of breakup and this pedal seems to push it right into that sweet spot of a little grit while also being able to eq further to remove any low end flub or ice picky highs.

I like the middle toggle settings on both sides but it’s hard to make it sound bad in any setting. I actually got two of them and was considering running a second stage with the gain wide open (sounds great) but the pedal is just too big to run two of them.

The boost is also great. Seems to add a slight bit of bottom end and warmth that can still be tamed with the tone control. It really works well in the worship music style where I may need to play a lead part that doesn’t need a huge mid hump. I still use the SD-1 for that.

I have it paired with a Gain Changer SR for a little more overdrive with a Proco Rat finishing out the third higher gain stage. I can pretty much cover it all with only 4 overdrives. 😂

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
I hope you enjoy your TIM. To me, it's more than a neat pedal. It's essential. I've been using one TIM or other for a long time. More than 10 years. 15? TIM is the standard by which I judge other clean boosts. Many of which have come through my hands. Including the Timmy, which is a fine pedal, but much harder to use IMO. And lacks the built in effects loop which has enabled me to try many a pedal w/o messing up the board.

The only other clean boost that sticks with me is the Vertex Boost.