Paul Berrere, Little Feat

Frank'n'censed

Doctor of Teleocity
I’ve been a longtime Feats fan since my ‘70’s high school days. Such sad news, loved Paul’s musicianship & contributions...he’ll sorely be missed! Thank you dear sir.

catdaddy

Tele-Afflicted
I've been a Little Feat fan since their first album. After their second album, Sailin' Shoes, was released I learned that the band had lost bassist Roy Estrada, and some new personnel were brought in. I was skeptical that they could continue to be as tight and creative with the addition of 3 new members: Kenny Gradney, Sam Clayton and Paul Barrere. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. From 1973's Dixie Chicken onward they were the funkiest, most innovative rock band I ever heard. Got to see them and meet all of them at a nightclub concert in Pittsburgh in 1973; one of the best nights of my life.

More recently, I saw the Feat in concert a few years ago, just after the release of their Rooster Rag album. Paul was pretty much the front man for that show, and his singing and guitar playing were superb as usual. His songwriting and musicianship will be sorely missed. He will always be a large part of the reason that Little Feat has been and remains my favorite band of all time.

God speed Paul, give my best to Lowell and Richie. I miss you all.

slauson slim

Poster Extraordinaire
RIP Paul, and thanks for all. Listening critically to Little Feat is a deep dive into interlocking and poly-rhythms, smart and accomplished musicianship, and spicy and funky music.

kLyon

Tele-Holic
Platinum Supporter
Little Feat: bands don't get any better.
(Just different.)
Paul was a great artist and a great guy.

djh22

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
A good man. A great band. Rest in peace Paul, and thank you.

Dan R

Poster Extraordinaire
All that you dream... Paul gave us some good music and good times. A big part of a great band, Well done, sir.

GoldieLocks

Friend of Leo's
Paul was my favorite and MOST INFLUENTIAL slide guitarist in my life. L. George was great! But I really loved Paul's Slide Rythym and solos and tone (rivera Knucklehead through a 4x12 MARSHALL CAB) over the last 30 years. (I seldom listen to 70's Little Feat... tell no one!)

I'm glad I got to see them live 5x. Meeting them was a highlight of my life.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
this is a sad bit of news

I did not see the Feat play live, and regret it even more now.

Rest in peace