1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Patsy's Pizza East Harlem - What's your favorite pizza?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Chud, Jan 12, 2013.

1. El Duderino

El Duderino Tele-Meister

2. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

OK I am gonna just put this out there:

IN BEFORE THE LOCK

:lol:

We have many decent pizza joints around, it's a byproduct of all those expat NY and NJ folks. Of course few make the real, super-thin-crust New York slice. I don't even try to find it. It may be around but I am not that religious about pizza. Though if I had to settle for only PizzaHut I'd be mighty forlorn. :(

Anthony's Coal-Fired Pizza is really good, and we go there when I feel like splurging. Someone above mentioned them... They got their start down here, and you can find them pretty easily around SoFla. Their pizzas are darn near burnt, which I happen to love. If you can stand to get something besides the pizza, their oven roasted wings are flippin' awesome!

3. Collirem

Collirem Tele-Meister

Living in Kansas, it is impossible to get the real deal. Everything is chains....Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Ci Ci's ect. Does anyone know of an excellent pizza joint in the land of oz?

4. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

A few years ago I was in Manhattan, KS for work and ate at a place called AJ's (IIRC..) it was really good...

5. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Wow, haven't been there in years. Going to have to make a trip downtown methinks!

6. Tele56

Tele56 Tele-Holic

When I lived in Chicago there were dozens of excellent mom and pop pizza places. One of the best was Giacchino's on the west side (Bellwood). As stated in other pizza posts there are not a lot of good pizza places in Phoenix. The only two that come to mind are Nello's and Rosati's (which originally from the Chicago area-Berwyn). If anyone has any good pizza places in Phoenix please post!

7. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

Pizzeria Bianco is widely regarded as a Mecca among pizza geeks.

8. stratofortress

stratofortress Tele-Afflicted

I make my own mostly that way if it sucks I can always fire myself...

Attached Files:

9. KBing

KBing Tele-Meister

In Philly, my fav is Tacconelli's. Brick oven, you have to reserve the quantity of dough for how many pizzas you will order when you get there. One person operates the oven with a wooden paddle with a 15 foot handle on it. Fun to watch. Great pizza.

When I lived in the Midwest, (Indpls) there was only one NY style pizza joint in one of the malls. (a NY ex pat) otherwise it was chain pizza, which I refuse to eat.

Living in NJ with all the family owned pizza joints I can't understand how the chains stay in business...

10. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

That was me who mentioned them, and you're right, their pizza is amazingly good. I love the well done crust. There are two Anthony's around here; Clifton and Ramsey, and more, I'm sure, coming soon.

In my first post, I forgot to mention that the pizza in Old Forge, Pennsylvania is also quite famous. It's Sicilian thick crust style, usually not my thing, but the one time I tried some of it, I liked it. Can't remember the name of the restaurant, but they make it this way all over town. The event was a baby christening, and the pizza was served as an appetizer prior to the meal. Everybody ate so much pizza, nobody wanted the main course.

11. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

I've always wondered about that too. All that chain store pizza is garbage. Some people don't know any better and just eat whatever.

12. Belhade

Belhade Tele-Meister

Tarantella's in Nyack, NY and Lucy's in Ossining. Two of my favorites. Further upstate, if you go to visit the FDR estate, Hyde Park Pizza is pretty good, too.

Sent from my EVO Shift using TDPRI

13. goldtopper

goldtopper Friend of Leo's

Grimaldis in Scottsdale.

14. Dave Best

Dave Best Tele-Meister

Massimo's; especially the Arabiata!

15. rsi106

rsi106 TDPRI Member

Yeah, patsy's in East Harlem is good. I used to live in Mid-Harlem so I used to walk over there once in a while. They're the only coal oven NYC place that sold slices. I thought any of those places were good, but I usually went to John's on bleecker. My favorite regular slice place was Sal and Carmines on 101st/Broadway. Those guys won't even give you their phone number unless they know you.

16. DTPBUSCHPILOT

DTPBUSCHPILOT Tele-Afflicted

ME 'N' ED's Pizza is the satis-fi-en- est!
    You'll love the pizza ME 'N' ED's serves and you' ll really know...
    Why ME 'N' ED's Pizza Parlors are where the HUNGRY people GO!

the one on the corner of Caldwell & Mooney in VISALIA, CA! mmmmmm I sure do miss it.

17. DTPBUSCHPILOT

DTPBUSCHPILOT Tele-Afflicted

hhmmnn. that actually looks very good!:D

18. El Duderino

El Duderino Tele-Meister

I went "Me & Ed's in San Jose in the 1960's. It was a offshoot of Shakey's Pizza!
    It tasted a little different & my mom loved it. I don't see them anymore in California. I know most will disagree but Shakey's Pizza isn't all that bad or maybe it's just a childhood memory??

19. rwsand

rwsand Tele-Afflicted

Is Patsy Pat Ceta? If so this man's Pizza is really really outstanding. It's his grandma's recipe.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.