Pathfinder 15r Owners: Looking for a backup solution

Tim S

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
I have 3 of the MV50 heads (Clean, AC & Boutique). I got them when Vox was allowing them to be sold for $130. You can lift and carry one with your little finger and stash it away almost anywhere. In a pinch, one of those and a speaker cable with spade ends allows you to use the speaker in a combo that’s gone south.

0038566000_merch_frt_001_nr.jpg

Controller

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I was thinking along your lines after I bought my first 15r. So I bought two more used before prices went nuts. It has worked out great. I use them all. I still see them occasionally for reasonable $$. Be patient.

W.L.Weller

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I bought a 15R for a bandmate in 2015 for $50. I've been looking for one for myself ever since. Willing to pay $100. I've missed out on 2 or 3 listed for $100 since then. Even bought a Geetar Centre Used listing where the text & pic didn't match (text was for a 15R, pic was of the 10 with the union jack grille) Found out you're still on the hook for shipping when you return it to your local store (I had it shipped straight to the local store).

straightlbues

Tele-Meister
They are still out there for cheap if you take your time. I have 4 now. I paid $35 for my last one about 4 weeks ago. It did have a broken handle, but I bought a new one for $8.

I always have one with me at every gig. I often run them as a second amp in a two amp setup. But they always serve as backups. The sound good as long as you don't have to push them too hard.