1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Patch Cables

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Rick-kcmo, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Rick-kcmo

Rick-kcmo TDPRI Member

OK, I know George L's are low capacitance and sound good. I'm in the high end audio biz. I sell cables costing 5K for a 3' pair. However I find them (George L's) extremely unreliable, even premade, and I don't want to screw with it. I'm not looking for better than George L performance. If that's available without getting crazy, fine. I'm looking for a cable where I don't spend 20 minutes trying to figure out which freaking 6" run has failed. Low capacitance cable, good quality conductor and soldered.... Suggestions? I don't mind paying 20 bucks each as long as it's good and damn reliable. Thanks, everyone.

2. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Even though I find George L cables absolutely reliable ,I have been using the same cables for over a decade in my main pedalboard w/ absolutely zero problems (and the same guitar to amp George L cable in the studio for 20 years!!), this guy makes nice & reasonably priced patch cables.

http://www.re-wind.net/Cables.html

any cable under 6'' will have "low capacitance" anyhow so don't bother w/ the hype...:D

3. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's

Good old Hosa premades are fine. You can get them without pancake heads also if any of your pedals jacks are to tight for them.

Amazon.com: Hosa IRG-600.5 6-Inch Guitar Patch Cable, 6 Pieces: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31zrtiyReuL.@@AMEPARAM@@31zrtiyReuL

That said, I use G L' .225 and make all my own patches and I've only had 1 fail in close to 15yrs. Got a whole spool of the stuff dirt cheap, factory 2nd cause black color was faded, I actually like the bruise blue color better.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.