Partscaster question: Anyone know the scale length of a Hagstrom ii neck?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by D_Henry, Dec 16, 2019.

1. D_Henry

D_Henry TDPRI Member

I'm toying with the idea of putting a Hagstrom ii neck on a Fender-style body. I'm hoping it'd be 25.5 scale length, maybe a Jazzmaster???

I know the Hagstrom necks are 3-bolt instead of the ~usual~ 4-bolt but I'm not too worried about that. And I'm fairly confident that I can modify the neck pocket enough for it to work out. I'm mainly concerned about scale length.

Thanks!

2. sluglas

sluglas TDPRI Member

The scale length is 24.75"
    Measuring from the front of the nut to the front of the 12th fret will give you half the scale length on your Hagstrom neck, it should be 12 3/8"

3. Vizcaster

Vizcaster Poster Extraordinaire

The neck on my Hagstrom is smaller than a Fender in every dimension. Shorter scale length, narrower nut and heel, and way shallower so the frets might not sit high enough in your neck pocket. Come to think of it, I'm not sure the fret count is even the same.

4. D_Henry

D_Henry TDPRI Member

Thanks for the responses, that puts a damper on the idea. I had a Hagstrom a few years ago and loved the neck, but I just couldn't get the sound I wanted out of it. Maybe I'll just try and build myself a super thin neck instead...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.