Partscaster Jazz Bass begins

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by RottenTheCat, Aug 20, 2019.

1. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Meister

I've got all the hardware, just ordered the body. Ash, clear finish, black pickguard. Will have goncalo neck and be visually the same as my Thinline Tele. Also gonna be a string thru the body.

Neck...in two weeks. All my OT put to use!

Matthias likes this.
  2. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

Im a bass player first before I switched to guitars! I love Jazz and P-Bass!! Excited to see this one when it's finished.

3. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Woohoo, there are more foresees bass players on this site other than myself. I can’t wait to see your progress. I’ve built both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Meister

Well, I'm a Kenny Rogers "frustrated guitar player" who also plays bass... mostly in the Duck Dunn style (copied from all the Blues Bros recordings). I hate to admit it, but I've played bass in every musical ensemble that I've been in. Not a great bassist, but even worse guitar player!!!!!! (well... ya know... introspectively speakin')

Should add, the ex has my old Jazz, which was clear ash with maple neck and rosewood board. It had a few issues like the finish was peeling a bit from the edges of the neck. Fender denied warranty. And a dead spot on the D and G strings right at fret 8 - I mean ghostly dead. So, she can have it!

This one has the Warmoth reinforcement, which is pretty good from my own research. And it will have a Tele Bass headstock, Jazz width neck.

Which reminds me, I gotta order up a case and some strings for this project.....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.