Partscaster gig bags!! What do you haul’em around in? Let’s see’em!

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by 4pickupguy, Aug 2, 2020.

1. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

I just bought a proper quality gig bag for my #1 (which ever one happens to be my #1 at that mo). The rest are of good to fair quality except for the one I have to take a strat back to the states with... its craptacular... came with the guitar...(Below).

The new one by Harvest Fine Leather:
    9A8569E6-2DE2-4BC2-9DE2-5052207313C0.jpeg DED55FCB-6414-48EA-9A09-167119614353.jpeg

The craptacular one is little more than a guitar shaped windbreaker. Paper thin with no padding... I fear for the guitar on the journey home. Trying to secure a good one here prior to leaving. Let’s see those gig bags folks!

image.jpg

2. Twang-ineer

Twang-ineer Tele-Meister

That looks really nice! Congrats on the purchase!

My main gig bag is actually a bass gig bag. Double sided gator "pro" gig bag.

Often when I go out to play, jam or whatever, I usually take a guitar and a bass as I switch between the two. The other even bigger reason is that my Boss ME 80 will fit in the front pocket. So even if I take 2 guitars, that is still my go to bag. I dont always use the ME -80, but I almost always take it. It is my "woobie". I feel like anything that I would ever need can be done with that device and it requires zero setup time. Many things sound better, but nothing is more effective in a pinch.

4pickupguy likes this.
  3. Treehouse

Treehouse Tele-Holic

that’s awesome:lol:

4pickupguy likes this.
  4. Treehouse

Treehouse Tele-Holic

This thread inspired me to upgrade my gig bag (freebee pawn shop falling apart Alvarez acoustic bag that came with a tele)

I picked up a Protec Contego... and man, I'm impressed with the build quality! Includes a 5 year warranty. Besides my Sheraton, all my electrics fit quite nicely. Is it as classy as @4pickupguy's Harvest? Well, no. But neither am I!

[​IMG]

Now I just need to wait patiently for post-pandemica so I can do something with it.

4pickupguy likes this.
  5. ElJay370

ElJay370 Tele-Afflicted

IMG_0754.JPG

I haul this one around in an old Ibanez case I found in a dumpster! :D

6. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

7. 4pickupguy

If I can squeeze it in financially I may order one of these Inbox gig bags for another electric and one for my acoustic. They are leather, well appointed, skin tight and offer decent protection and are only $98 for the electric and only $148 for acoustic cases. They look cool (I think).
    D988499D-68A9-42CD-A3A7-5CC8333EEAAF.jpeg

greenhornet likes this.
  8. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

15971478821851181937678469294272.jpg

Roadrunner Highway Premium...
    Stupid Deal at MF ...

4pickupguy likes this.
  9. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I'm sick of poor-quality gig bags. The next one I buy will be a top-end gator. They're like hotels for guitars. If they made one big enough I'd probably sleep in it.

Jake909, 4pickupguy and drmordo like this.
  10. wcmicroter

wcmicroter TDPRI Member

Updating an old old thread but musicians friend has the Roadrunner Highway Premium acoustic gig bags for $48 (got one) and today guitar center has the electric version for $69 (ordered one)....thought some of you might be looking still, I think these are really decent gig bags...a little bulky but great padding and adjustable neck supports and lots of storage....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAkQjRxqFwoTCIjMu9mevvMCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAJ
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  11. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Afflicted

I built a '61 Style Strat in faded Sonic blue.

Garden 3 EDIT.jpg

Before I finished it I found that Fender made a matching Sonic blue case, so I decided to treat myself to one:

Case outside.jpg

Strat in Case (1) EDIT.jpg

zippofan, RodeoTex and 4pickupguy like this.
  12. 4pickupguy

In the end, in addition to the Harvest leather bag, I ended up with a heavy duty Fender gig bag and a injection molded Fender hard shell case. All the guitars made it home safe and sound from Japan.

KelvinS1965 and zippofan like this.
  13. Flaneur

Flaneur Poster Extraordinaire

The Bus Station shot. Thomann bag, still costs around £30. Pockets swallow a bunch of cables, a Mic and a couple of Pedals. Highly recommended. :)

IMG_20190123_224914485.jpg

Jake909, bettyseldest and 4pickupguy like this.
  14. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Friend of Leo's

I did the same thing with my surf green '63 Partscaster.

20201204_183450.jpg

And then for my Nocaster Partscaster I couldn't resist the Rondo case, great snug fit and great customer service.

20211013_191636_HDR~2.jpg

Otherwise, my Partscasters don't get gig bags. Only bag I own is for my Recording King acoustic.

What I do like are the hybrid cases.... Nylon outside but molded foam inside. The cases weigh next to nothing, but the guitar feels better protected and tons of storage. The brand is WolfPak.

20200815_185326.jpg

4pickupguy and KelvinS1965 like this.
  15. 4pickupguy

Sweet!
    An airport pic of a Fender gig bag I bought for the trip home. Very nice bag for the money!
    DC6AC8CB-C631-40F5-8020-A9D382E1F43A.jpeg

Flaneur likes this.
  16. Flaneur

Flaneur Poster Extraordinaire

I've always liked the quality of PRS gig bags. Never owned one, though......or a PRS guitar. :lol:

4pickupguy likes this.
  17. tfarny

tfarny Poster Extraordinaire

I always use my PRS gig bag that came with my S2 Mira - sold the guitar in a hardcase so I could keep the gig bag. It's just perfect. Pretty beat at this point. Looking at a Mono for my new Eastman purchase, as that will not fit into the PRS bag.
    I have a couple "windbreaker" bags too but mostly I just avoid looking at them much less using them.

4pickupguy likes this.
  18. wcmicroter

wcmicroter TDPRI Member

Received my Roadrunner Highway Premium Electric guitar bag and it is great...I just ordered one of the electric bass models for $30 off the regular price from GC....very protective bags, double tops and 1" padding, some sort of corrugated structure inside the back and top and stiff padded sides...sort of a hybrid bag between complete soft foam gig bag and hard case (imo).

upload_2021-10-15_14-0-48.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    Jake909 and 4pickupguy like this.
  19. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

For serious protection I have SKB hard cases. But I now have four Ibanez Powerpad gig bags that I really like for storage and less critical transportation. They are very well made and have lots of pocket capacity.
    lg_1_1_0511668.jpg

20. Jazzerstang

Jazzerstang Tele-Afflicted

Double gig bag. Some cheapie Amazon one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.