Parts-express accnt. hacked

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jsnwhite619, Dec 9, 2019.

1. jsnwhite619

jsnwhite619 Friend of Leo's

Give everyone a heads up -- my parts-express account was apparently hacked and someone ordered a $600 wireless mic rig. Then I got 700+ confirmation emails in my spam folder for accounts opened in my name. Already talked to AmEx and they are handling it, but might want to change your passwords this time of year.

2. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I LOVE my new wireless mic rig, though...

dented, Deeve, Boil and 7 others like this.
  3. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Tis the Season

Torren61 likes this.
  4. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

:lol: That is sooo wrong!:lol::lol:

5. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I am sorry to hear about your getting ripped off. I hope that you receive a full refund.
    in the global village the usual suspects no longer live next door.

6. Archtop Bill

Archtop Bill Tele-Meister

Sorry for the hassle, but thanks for the heads up.

Someone hacked my Netflix account and then binge watched Dynasty in Spanish.

dented and FLHT like this.
  7. jsnwhite619

Luckily, American Express is great for stuff like this. I pulled up my account, pointed out the last couple local purchases I made with it, they killed the card and are sending a new one, and said "don't worry, we'll take care of it." Anything that pops up after 7:47pm on that account gets flagged and they follow up.

Not trying to give a sales pitch, but I ordered some auto parts from a company several years ago, and after 12-14 days it still hadn't shipped. No one answering the phone, no returned emails. Called AmEx and put in a claim, and they arrived within the same week.

All in all, it was a real great end to the day.... I spent 5 hours in the emergency room after my dad's blood pressure bottomed out and he passed out here in the driveway. Not suddenly -- 10-15 minutes of "I don't feel right" to "let me sit down" to "take me to the hospital" to calling an ambulance because he's unconscious. Just had 2 heart stents put in last month so we though it was a heart attack. Luckily, it looks like his dosage was too high, so that caused it, and nothing else was wrong. Then I get to deal with this bu11$31+ when I get home.

Excuse me, but my ice cubes are getting dry... ;)

8. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Dude, I'm really sorry to hear about all this. I hope your father recovers well from this scare.

jsnwhite619 likes this.
  9. jsnwhite619

Thanks. He seems to be fine now. Appointment this week to adjust his meds. He's back home and feels ok again. At the time, not knowing what was wrong, it was scary. Get hit in the head and get knocked out, it happens suddenly. This was like watching somebody with an invisible bag on their head and not know what was wrong. He could breathe, but it was like 10 minutes of blood & oxygen slowly not getting where it needed to be.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.