1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Parts and Tools swap meet

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by RogerC, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

@medownsouth

Thanks!! The parts arrived!! Added the pictures in the Brotherhood build!

2. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire

Awesome! Glad it's being put to good use instead of being stashed away in box on one of my shelves.

3. edchavez

edchavez Tele-Holic

Roger,
    Got the bridge. Thanks!

RogerC likes this.
  4. RogerC

Great! I'm 3-for-3. That increases the chances of the last few folks getting what they wanted :lol:

5. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

I am pleased to say I have found that I do have some useful bits & bobs to offer for sure!

Weller 23W soldering irons (more than one), maybe a spare tip or two.

A Radio Shack soldering stand exactly like the one upthread (one foot cracked and has been replaced, it's OK to use)

I can send out a bit of (tin-lead) solder with any of these if you need it, enough for some practice and a few guitars certainly.

If anyone is looking for caps and resistors PM me as well, I have a ton of that kind of stuff. Amp part values as well as guitar part values.

Shipping is on me. VERY happy to offer up some stuff to the community here, it has been a great place to get involved with.

RogerC likes this.
  6. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Tele-Afflicted

The vintage tuners, the humbucker and the pick guard with the mini humbucker route are spoken for.

RogerC, 1bad914 and tubegeek like this.
  7. GunsOfBrixton

Esquire pickguard is spoken for.

RogerC likes this.
  8. GunsOfBrixton

All that's left is the lefty pickguard. Should be shipping everything else out tomorrow.

9. yepyep

yepyep TDPRI Member

Got the clamps and the sweet ivoroid binding. These will probably be first put to use on a uke build. Should I have disclosed that? I will understand if I am in trouble.

Anyhow, thanks a ton for your generosity. I lurk a lot here and have learned a bunch from this great place.

tubegeek and RogerC like this.
  10. GunsOfBrixton

All the requested parts have been shipped out. Hopefully we will see them put to good use here in the Tele Home Depot!

Still have the lefty pickguard looking for a new home. :)

RogerC and nickhofen like this.
  11. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

Thank you @GunsOfBrixton ! I will be sure to show off whatever comes of that generous gift.

The first soldering package just going out today. No more stands (will update if I find any more) but I still have more soldering irons including a bit of solder to get you started. Maybe even some other treats, you never know what my basement will cough up. Don't be shy everybody

GunsOfBrixton likes this.
  12. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

@GunsOfBrixton as promised, an in-progress report.

Removed my neck pickup and made a temporary mounting for the humbucker - the body was already routed so that was pretty easy. I used a smear of Titebond on the back of the pickup to attach it to a ¾" x ¾" x 2 ½" pine spacer block, and then a smear of Titebond attached the block to the back of the cavity. I didn't have the proper hardware at hand and I wasn't sure I'd be keeping this arrangement, so I went with something I could easily pop off if I want to change it. I think the pickup height and string spacing is quite good - I raised both E pole pieces slightly (half a turn maybe?) and everything seems well balanced and loud.

I have my doubts about one thing - the middle (both/parallel) switch setting sounds a touch lightweight, so I'm not sure the two pups have the same polarity now. I am going to search here and/or start a new thread to get some advice on how to figure that out. I definitely like the sound of this new pickup better than the terrible ceramic single-coil that was in my cheap kit, and it's going to be a while before its Alnico replacement arrives from China. So I'll have a while to get this sorted out and figure out how much I like it. So far so good though.

Thread with my search for help with this:

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/how-to-determine-pickup-polarity.1017259/

The mini-HB pickguard you sent me will handle this arrangement pretty nicely - the two pickup adjustment screws will need to be filled but that won't be too hard, probably just a couple drops of black-tinted epoxy or nail polish over spackle will fill them. Then I'll open up the hole to fit the full sized HB. The three-ply PG is fancier than the single-ply black I removed, it looks pretty sweet.

So here is the result so far. Thanks again.

I'm still looking for folks who want a soldering iron.

2020-04-08 13.05.19.jpg 2020-04-08 13.05.12.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Jim_in_PA likes this.
  13. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Hey Roger the tuners and TOM arrived but I waited to order some food from a local business as requested.
    The TOM does fit the posts on the import LP copy and tuners fit as well.

Thanks you!

RogerC likes this.
  14. telemnemonics

3356CF2D-C64A-43CB-91D2-3F8E448040D4.jpeg 7C19F29D-C21A-4028-B7D5-7585D95FECAD.jpeg

RogerC and tubegeek like this.
  15. RogerC

Anyone happen to have any Tele bridge mounting screws laying around? I seem to have misplaced the ones for the bridge on the white guitar I'm doing :confused:.

16. RogerC

telemnemonics likes this.
  17. telemnemonics

DFCF8BB9-BAA0-43CB-9BD9-6A94B8DCDC58.jpeg
    I dug through my guitar parts nightmare and did find four used Fender Tele bridge screws though not all the same degree of relic, plus some same size but flat head I bought at one time when my assortment must have been running low.
    I swear I have a box of correct oval head stainless 1” #6 but cannot find them, only a single one that’s threaded to the head as a sheet metal screw.
    When I buy a bridge plate I generally use those stainless screws, they just went off and hid on me!
    Heres what I dug up, I have to go to the PO tomorrow and could mail these if you want them.

RogerC likes this.
  18. RogerC

Thanks, man. I was looking for something a little less relic'd, though. If I don't get a suitable bite here, I'll just place an order online for some. No biggie.

Thanks for the offer, though!

telemnemonics likes this.
  19. telemnemonics

Less relic'd, less relic'd, what? You don't like relics?
    Ha ha OK they would look funny on a fresh guitar, I really thought I had a box of nice new ones somewhere...

RogerC likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.