Part time Ninja, possibly a superhero.

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
To set the scene.
I'm looking for a shoe, it's lost, I need it, the dog must be walked.
I scuffle past my guitar which is precariously balanced against a swivel chair because that's how I roll and then the inevitable happens.
It starts to slide.
We've all been there and to be honest my brain just gave up but before any real thoughts had crossed my mind my left arm shoots out with catlike grace and speed and catches it....on the 5th fret, in a perfect Am.(OK that last bit is a lie...sorry).
Now I'm looking at my left hand wondering if it looks younger than the other due to having almost certainly moved backwards in time because of that Einstein thingy.
What have I become?

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
inflatableboat.gif

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Well done. In such cavalier fashion, one of my strats was sat on a rocking chair yesterday, which I knocked and saw with a smooth motion, the guitar slide straight off the chair, fear not, it's fall was halted by my intrepid left shin, I took the strap button straight to the shin bone.
Guitar is all well and good while my shin looks like it was hit by a sliding strat, and very painful!

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
This is how Gibsons get decapitated. Sure there is the odd accident (you tripped, your strap broke, someone bumped into you, etc) but I feel like most just leave them in such precarious positions and then act surprised or blame it on the angle.

On that pedal show they’re always borrowing someone’s 60s strat or 335 or whatever and then just balancing the body on a stool when they go to adjust something. If someone borrowing a guitar did that I’d be horrified.

Last edited:

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
This is how Gibsons get decapitated. Sure there is the odd accident (you tripped, your strap broke, someone bumped into you, etc) but I feel like most just leave them in such precarious positions and then act surprised or blame it on the angle.

On that pedal show they’re always borrowing someone’s 60s strat or 335 or whatever and then just balancing the body on a stool when they go to adjust something. If someone borrowing a guitar did that I’d be horrified.
It was a Chibson so...close enough. Still horrifying to guitar players everywhere.

jimmywrangles

Tele-Holic
1) Superheroes don't play guitar (Steve Vai is an exception, perhaps)
2) Rocking chairs are the hereditary enemies of guitars
1) I once waved some Kryptonite at Steve Vai and he died, he got better after I left.
Take from that what you will.
2) Rocking chairs have no place in my home, small dogs and rocking chairs don't mix.