Parlor Coming

burtf51

Tele-Afflicted
Bought a new 2022 Eastman E10P SB and they are very scarce, had already bought the Eastman when a company called me and said they just got the Iris OG in stock, oh well

1663620257642.png

kuch

Tele-Afflicted
I'm wondering if you've ever played one?
Not trying to rain on your parade.
About 5 years ago, after reading all of the great reviews, I picked up a E20P natural. It sounded ok but I was totally disappointed with the neck which was really thick, in my opinion. Glad I got my $$'s out of it when I sold it.

I hope it works for you.

burtf51

Tele-Afflicted
I'm wondering if you've ever played one?
Not trying to rain on your parade.
About 5 years ago, after reading all of the great reviews, I picked up a E20P natural. It sounded ok but I was totally disappointed with the neck which was really thick, in my opinion. Glad I got my $$'s out of it when I sold it.

I hope it works for you.
No prob, I've actually played the 10 and 20. I prefer the Spruce and Mahogany over the Spruce and Rosewood tonally. I'm just a retired finger player or rather couch/patio player nowadays, 95% finger style and like and need the wider nut. Can't handle if a finger mutes a string the least bit.

I have 2 OM's and was wanting a small body for my little play at home needs.

I haven't played an amp'd electric since I quit playing out 6or7 years back and my 24/7/365 tinnitus is thankful lol

zombywoof

Friend of Leo's
The problem with buying guitars you have not held in your sweaty little hands first is that the builders and sellers while providing nut width tend to ignore other specs such as the depth of the neck at the 1st fret and down near the heel and the string spacing at the bridge which tell you the whole story. It makes it all a crap shoot. But a neck with a 1 7/8" or 1 13/16" nut is going to feel very different depending on both the carve of the neck (tapered C, round shoulder C, V or what have you) as well as if it clocks in at say .83" at the first fret as opposed to over 1.0" (which I do like but granted is fairly rare these days). And when it comes to string spacing at the bridge as a fingerpicker I have always appreciated some extra room so prefer a spread of 2 5/16" or 2 3/8".
This is just one of my pet peeves so sorry for the rant.

burtf51

Tele-Afflicted
Well I know I'm in electricland lol...been playing the P all day even with a set of strings that came on it that I don't care for at all but it still has such a nice dry and woody tone. Having a luthier friend do a setup and tweek the action a bit to my liking this coming Monday then back to my solitude to strengthen a few things lol

kuch

Tele-Afflicted
Well I know I'm in electricland lol...been playing the P all day even with a set of strings that came on it that I don't care for at all but it still has such a nice dry and woody tone. Having a luthier friend do a setup and tweek the action a bit to my liking this coming Monday then back to my solitude to strengthen a few things lol
Congrats! HNAGD!

For me, when I had my E20P, the action was definitely high and I filed down the saddle and nut. In fact I've done the same to all my Martins and the ones I picked up for my son and grandsons.

Have fun

burtf51

Tele-Afflicted
After 50+ years of playing mostly old country and jump blues I'm a home player now and gone totally acoustic and at 71 yrs old now I've had more than enough amplified playing and the club scene and I just ordered a Northfield Calhoun mandolin and been without one for several years, excited to get it. Now it'd be really nice to have just one person in my area cut out of the same cloth as I to play with on the porch, patio, couch, woods