1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Parallel Universe Telecaster Thinline Super Deluxe, Honeymoon still on!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by newminglewoodblue, Nov 22, 2019.

1. newminglewoodblue

newminglewoodblue Tele-Meister

I acquired a Parallel Universe Thinline Super Deluxe about 5 months ago, and thought I should post a follow up. In short, the honeymoon is still on!! She's really great! I'm playing thru a Mesa Rectoverb 25 and I am very satisfied with the clean and dirty side of this guitar. I think she slaps and chimes as well as any tele my limitations allow, and IMHO does the dirty overdrive bettah. The neck is perfect, she feels great, I love the orange and flashy guard (note: beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my wife thinks its ugly & refers to it as the ugly one). I play it alot! Here's pics and a sloppy clip:

parallel u 2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

I'm hearing some Beatles influence in those lines...

Very nice-sounding guitar.

newminglewoodblue likes this.
  3. guitfiddles

guitfiddles TDPRI Member

I’ve got the same guitar. I put a Bigsby and some locking tuners and it’s literally the only guitar I ever play anymore. Oh, and I put a Reverend Guitars soft touch spring in the Bigsby. It’s a great guitar!

4. guitfiddles

guitfiddles TDPRI Member

My wife says it’s ugly too!

5. ChrisDowning

ChrisDowning TDPRI Member

Yes.....I was very tempted when these came out. I think the parallel models were made in 400x runs, so they didn't hang around too long. I bought a Parallel Universe White Guard - Tele hardware and neck with a Strat body - love it. More bastardo than cabronita - but in the end Fender called it a White Guard ......with some myth that these might have been made when the Strat bodies were first cut and mixed with existing Tele hardware. Could be - but Leo was a production engineer that simplified.....and that sounds like a complication and another product line - so doubt it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.