Panama Amp owners

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by North East Al, Sep 21, 2016.

1. North East Al

North East Al Tele-Meister

This is likely to be a very small club, but no-one else has started one yet I think. Mine is the Conqueror 5 watt handwired head. I popped in a TAD 6v6GT and a TAD mullard 12ax7. Lovely little amp. I even like the way it looks . Any other members enjoy these reasonably priced amps?
    [​IMG]

PaPa-K, Kingslayer and radiocaster like this.
  2. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Don't own one but as an FYI P.G. Guitar Mag just had a good article on the new Panama "Fuego X", (15w, EL84's tubes with ECC83 pre-amp tubes). Gives the impression of a 100watt Marshall for < than $600.00! Apparently reliability issues but that's the dice you roll for that kind of tone at that kind of price.
    P.S. - Great looking amp!

3. Pointmonger

Pointmonger Tele-Afflicted

I've got the same Conqueror head. Retubed it. Great amp.

4. Quest4Tone

Quest4Tone TDPRI Member

Glad to hear you are enjoying your amp, I have the same one in purple and the rare Conqueror 10 (two handwired together for some trippy stereo output if you have the right stereo processors.

If you ever have questions, feel free to reach out to me. I'm Lee, PG Brand Ambassador and Beta Tester. You can message me here and I'll get back with you ASAP! I do own all the amps (I was a Panama Enthusiast before I started working with them), so I have a lot of experience with them!

Thanks,
    Lee C
    Panama Brand Ambassador and Beta Tester
    Lincoln Alice Records

5. Quest4Tone

Quest4Tone TDPRI Member

That Fuego X is a MONSTER! I'm currently in the middle of shooting a demo of the X with the new Extended Range cab. That cab is becoming my GO TO in the studio. Very tight low end! Let me know if you have questions about that X.

Lee C
    Panama Brand Ambassador and Beta Tester
    Lincoln Alice Records

6. Believer

Believer Tele-Meister

I've had a b-stock Conqueror for about a year now. Great little amp, sounds much bigger than 5 watts, even with the built-in attenuater. Recently ordered a b-stock Fuego from their Reverb store. They emailed me that they no longer had it, and offered a new Fuego X (higher gain version, more expensive) AT THE SAME PRICE!

The Fuego X sounds great! It actually does classic rock/blues very well. One of my buddies has a Marshall DSL-40, and he is blown away by the 15 watt Fuego X. It's not as loud as the DSL-40, but it keeps up pretty well, and that's through a Panama Boca 2x10 cab. I haven't tried it through my 2x12 or 4x12 cabs yet.

Great amps; great customer service. I'm a Panama believer!

7. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

Watched a video of the Conqueror combo. Sounded ok clean but the bottom end got real flubby and farty when driven. I guess that's just a single-ended thing. A smaller speaker might tighten things up a bit; the Palmer Fab 5 with a 10" Ragin' Cajun is a good example of what I'm getting at.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. slagg

slagg TDPRI Member

just piced one of these up.anyway to put the attenuator on a bypass switch?

9. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

I have the 15 watt Loco into a 1x12 Panama cab. I had some good Baldwin 12AX7s in my stash, and picked up a pair of Telam EL84s. The stock Ruby tubes weren't bad but I like to roll tubes and these sounded good.
    The amp has a 7 watt triode setting which I use now and again, and a voicing switch that provides different tones with singles or humbuckers.
    I got it on sale awhile back, and for a bedroom player like me, 15 watts is more than enough.

10. Kingslayer

Kingslayer TDPRI Member

How did the tube upgrade sound?

11. North East Al

North East Al Tele-Meister

Great, but I didn't keep the amp long and went to combos. I got it half price and sold it for what I paid for it. It was a nice little amp, It just wasn't really my cup o tea.

12. PaPa-K

PaPa-K TDPRI Member

13. PaPa-K

PaPa-K TDPRI Member

I love mine now that I modded it with good tubes and found a NOS Russian mini rectifier tube. I got two in case this blew out . Shipping from Russia isn't cheap . I saw the combo on craigslist for $100! .

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.