Paisley paper: Rothko & Frost

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by PeterUK, Apr 2, 2020.

1. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Some of you may be interested in the availability of various colours of paisley paper from Rothko & Frost in the UK.

I already have two sheets of excellent and high quality black paisley paper supplied by dormant TDPRI member (he’s not been onto the TDPRI since November 2016) @crw414tele and I’ve been saving these for a future project, but I wanted to have a go at the paisley paper route on a Telemaster project I currently have, so I bought a sheet from Rothko and Frost’s eBay store. I’m only papering the front face and the contoured rear will be gloss black nitro.

The contrast is noticeable. The @crw414tele paper is darker (considering I’ve had it several years) and more detailed compared to the Rothco & Frost paper. It’s good quality, not as ‘heavy’ paper as the ‘crw’ paper but their service was first class, arriving in 2-days of ordering.

You can find them on eBay or here:

https://www.rothkoandfrost.com/decals-c1/paisley-t1004

I’ve got some enforced time off coming soon so I’m going to start getting he prep and I’ll post updates when I can.

:) Peter

Attached Files:

RiversQC, pixeljammer and radiocaster like this.
  2. TelenTubes

TelenTubes Tele-Holic

Either of those look cool. I didn't know Paisley had pedigrees! I have't seen a build thread on gluing the paper down. That's going to be cool!

3. samuelmorrissey

samuelmorrissey Tele-Meister

Hey @PeterUK - both paisleys look pretty great! Like you, I have been wanting to do a Paisley build for quite some time but never found somewhere to get the proper sheets. Have you started your build yet?

I stumbled upon Rothko and Frost's paisley paper and subsequently, found this post. The black paisley looks great, noticeable difference between R&F's and CRW's print sure, but that's to be expected.

Generally, how is the Rothko paper? You said CRW's was more detailed? I'm looking to pull the trigger on some Pink Paisley sheets and don't wanna sink money into buying sheets that aren't worth it. I emailed them asking to get the full body sheet with the powder pink backing just like on the smaller size sheets, but they can't do that unfortunately. But their customer service seems top notch even just from the couple of emails I've had with them.

I'm extremely tempted to order some. I have a Tele body and lefty Strat neck lying around that are screaming to be used so just looking to see what your thoughts are on the Rothko stuff first.

Oh, and please keep us updated on your build - whichever print you are using!!

S

PeterUK likes this.
  4. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Thanks for the post.

I'm off next week so I should be able to tell you more then as that's my project for the week.

:) Peter

5. samuelmorrissey

samuelmorrissey Tele-Meister

Good stuff Peter - best of luck with the build next week, keep us updated!! Plenty of pics ;)

I fear I'll have already caved and ordered the paisley paper by then!! :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.