1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Painting a Telecastor

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by slick848, Oct 9, 2020.

1. slick848

slick848 TDPRI Member

Im repainting my guitar with a solid color,now after each primer coat do i sand and than apply another coat of primer,the same with the base coat,or do i add multipal coats before sanding,i have never done this before so all help will be appreciated.Painting is all new to me,so please bare with me and help me to paint my guitar. If u need anymore info just let me know

2. 440mhz

440mhz Tele-Meister

Everything depends on the medium you use. They're are a different ways for different paint Sytems. There are a number of videos on you tube concerning different paints. like Lacquer or poly , acrylic enamels. They can show you how to prep the wood before painting for each system. Take your time and research well, Grasshopper.

3. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Research is a great idea. There is a sub-forum here for discussions about exactly what you are asking.
    For example, here’s a thread of a first-time painting experience.
    https://www.tdpri.com/threads/a-newbs-first-attempt-documenting-a-fail.1030073/
    If you post this same question in this sub-forum, with more specific information on your plans, like what color, what kind of finish, etc, you’ll get plenty of help.
    But read through some of those threads first and you’ll get a better feel for how to accomplish your project.

4. slick848

slick848 TDPRI Member

Thanks everyone for your info about painting my guitar,it helped alot.will check with youtube.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.