Painting a "fade" around the neck pickup rout on a pickguard

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by joel_ostrom, May 21, 2013.

1. joel_ostrom

joel_ostrom Tele-Afflicted

I just bought an Allparts Pink Paisley Tele body and i'm planning on putting a clear acrylic pickguard on it. On all paisley tele's with clear pickguards, its typical that around the neck pickup rout, the underside of the pickguard is painted to hide the pickup route itself beneath the pickguard.

I haven't been able to find a parts seller that has a pickguard with this particular paint job done to it. Here's a pic of one that was discontinued some time ago, something found on those MIJ Pink Paisley tele's from a while ago.
    Pickguard.jpg

It would seem that my only option is to get a clear pickguard and paint it myself.

Does anybody know how to do this? Any tips?
    Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joel

2. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

cut out the size of the burst you want on a piece of cardboard prop it up about a inch above the reversed side of your pickguard and spray from about a arms length away

3. HardlyDangerous

HardlyDangerous Tele-Holic

Simple with a cheap $20 airbrush and $3 bottle of paint

4. Soundman

Soundman NEW MEMBER!

If you can match the paint all you need do is cut yourself of paper an oval shape of the rhythm pick up only a little larger hold the cut out approximately 3 inches above the Picard of course you have to line it up correctly overspray can four or 5 inches away from your cut out and spray the through the cut out hole this should give you the overspray fading you need of course you should practice on on a piece of cardboard until you get the desired effect just ordered my clear pick guard and I'll be trying this soon good luck

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.