Painful Re-union

Telenator

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
I'm about to leave for a band re-union with a group I played with 25 years ago. The other guitar player has not played electric in 25 years. And the bass player hasn't even touched a bass in that long.
The drummer is very good still, and I have also kept active playing.
Why the drummer booked the rehearsal studio for 4 hours is totally beyond me. I see this lasting about 1 1/2 hours at best. (mostly socializing)
How do you say no? It's going to be painful. Send in the search team if I don't check back by 6:00. LOL!

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I'm about to leave for a band re-union with a group I played with 25 years ago. The other guitar player has not played electric in 25 years. And the bass player hasn't even touched a bass in that long.
Why the drummer booked the rehearsal studio for 4 hours is totally beyond me. I see this lasting about 1 1/2 hours at best. (mostly socializing)
How do you say no? It's going to be painful. Send in the search team if I don't check back by 6:00. LOL!
It's not going to be painful - it's going to be non-existent - how could a guitar and bass player not touch the instruments for 25 years and be expected to play a chord?

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
You know, one of the bands I loved to play in the most hasn't played together for forty-five years. It had a brother band that I also played in and that band has had several reunions over the years. The members of both bands are literally spread across the world at this point. However, I haven't been invited to those reunions ("too many guitarists on stage to deal with"). I've dreamed of playing with these guys and enjoying a little fellowship since 1994 and it hasn't happened. I would welcome the chance to just get together and talk.

Enjoy the chance.

Bob

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
My ex wife got remarried maybe 25 years ago and had a former "band get together" as part of the very casual wedding. She was marrying my bass player from like 24 years previous to the wedding! (little did she know he was a sloppy drunk at this time) He was always after her back then when we were together.
She wanted all the old players to jam at the wedding. I hadn't played on stage for 25 years really. We attempted to play some things but it really didn't go well.
They were only married less than a year and she figured out what a problem he was. She died a few years back but we used to laugh about that faux paux...

drumtime

Tele-Afflicted
I can't imagine getting together for less than 4 hours, especially for meeting up with old friends. The jam is just the icing on the cake. Seriously, are any of you requiring some high level of performance? Is somebody going to get fired if they make too many mistakes?

This should be fun.

kuch

Tele-Meister

Hopefully there's a bar across the street.... :0

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Have a good time, so I don't have to.
YEP!!!

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
And to that end ...
May your Old Freinds be your Best Friends and, may you always be Best of Friends.
Take no Day for Granted.

-ST

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
We formed our band about 4 years ago now. Our bass player was probably one of the best in the tri-state area, 30 years ago. He got ticked off at the music industry and sold his bass, and never played bass again, after over 25 years. We had to talk him into pickin' it up again cause we couldn't find a bass player. My buddy loaned him a bass to play, a 4 string Fender. He was reluctant but we got him drunk one night, and he agreed LOL!!! Long story short, he's back to playing the bass with his new 5 string Ibanez, and plays bass not just for us but for 2 other bands as well!!! :eek: So... you just never know man... it may spark a fire ;) Good luck and have fun regardless!