1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

PAF in WRH Slot?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Offsetsand70s, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Offsetsand70s

Offsetsand70s TDPRI Member

I have a Fender Classic Series 2010 Telecaster Custom 72 reissue. The neck pickup has become somewhat microphonic to the point that when large amounts of gain are used, the feedback is unbearable. I also have a set of Gibson Burstbuckers lying around. I was wondering if anyone has a device (mounting ring, pickguard, etc) that would allow me to put a PAF into the larger WRH slot. Thanks!

2. SbS

SbS Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I have no experience with them, but if you search "wide range humbucker to regular humbucker pickup adapter ring", there comes plenty of choices in ebay, Amazon, reverb and so on.

Can't recall have I seen them in larger retailers too.

Offsetsand70s likes this.
  3. 63telemaster

63telemaster Tele-Meister

I think I'd want to remove and store the existing pickguard first. I'd then buy a replacement pickguard pre-cut to standard HB fitting (probably special order). Failing that, buy another pickguard and modify that one with a pickup adapter ring as suggested above.

BB and Offsetsand70s like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.