Packing my guitars - moving abroad

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Love that Albert Lee! Good luck on your adventure.
Pro tip, the toilets swirl the same direction so it will feel like home. Hope everything arrives safe and sound.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
So the time has come to pack my guitars up to be shipped from the UK to Vancouver BC.

Below is a photo and list of the guitars, amps and stuff I am taking with me and more of a record for me in case it all goes missing (or sunk) before I see them again. I could have sold it all and bought new in Canada but I am really attached to all these.

Firstly guitars.

My Gibson CS 336, put locking Gotoh SD90 on it (drop in fit as this has vintage tuner holes). By far the most versatile guitar I have, look forward to playing live with this one
View attachment 937275

My Kauer Korona with Lollar El Rayo and J Street pickups. It's my Tele of the moment since I sold the AO Telecaster Custom and Squire Fat Telecaster. One day I'll get a version with twin P90s in green.
View attachment 937277

Talking of green, my last guitar is my Musicman Albert Lee BFR, the only Strat-like guitar I'll ever own. I bought it mostly for the colour and I do like the Musicman neck profiles. I play this one the least now but I'll still miss it while in transit.
View attachment 937278

Lastly my 633 Engineering Groove King Custom and 1x12 cab. Cab has a 200W bass speaker in it for the Quilter I am also shipping but considering changing the speaker or getting a new cab just for the amp. It's 50W 6L6 powered monster and way too loud for bedroom use. I look forward to being able to gig or jam in Canada with it as there is nothing at all here in my neck of the woods for over 25s.
View attachment 937281

Pedalboard is coming too, got a really good setup and don't imagine I'll change it any time soon. G2 to do the switching and MIDI, three drive pedals (CB Brothers, 633 Engineering X3 and Tru Fi Colordriver), a Neunaber Inspire Tri chorus, a ThorpyFX Pulse Doppler 4 stage phaser/vibrato and an EQD Avalanche Run V2.
View attachment 937283

Shippers expect it will take 6 weeks to get to Vancouver by ship. I will hopefully have my visa by then (should have got it in December but still nothing). I cannot wait to be reunited with them all in Canada.

Wish me luck during my enforced guitar vacation.
so..your shipping am amp...all those nice guitars..and a broad?..hehe sorry..i couldn't resist

monkeybanana

Tele-Afflicted
I'll take that Albert Lee and some of those pedals to lighten up that load.

JK Best of luck!

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Wow... I envy folks who can pick up stakes like this, and leave their home country for another. Takes a lot of moxy to do this IMO. Good luck man, and hope all goes well!

pbenn

Tele-Afflicted
Too late now, but was the tube amp boxed upside down if a hanging chassis? Or tubes pulled numbered and wrapped?

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Packers have been, packed it all and gone in just over an hour. All my gear is in a van destined for container shipment next week.

I already miss my guitars
Pretty sweet guitar collection! I've shipped mine all over the US and to Japan and back, in their cases and crated. No issues. Enjoy your new home.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Daughter and husband came back to the UK for Christmas. Despite spending their last night only minutes from Heathrow, it took over 24 hours to reach Vancouver today. Your gear may reach Canada before you.

Surprised that your CS336 is not finished in DPP to compliment the other two.

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I would put each guitar in a sturdy guitar box with lots of bubble wrap in the box - ship via Air. I wouldn't put them on a freight boat. I'm in the States and I've sold several guitars to people in Europe......Air freight every time. It cost about $135 USD each time. I've never had a problem.

Wooly Fox

Tele-Meister
Still no visa today, rescheduled my flights but hopefully I'll not need to wait too much longer for it.

Still less time to wait in Canada for my guitars!