Packing my guitars - moving abroad

Wooly Fox

Tele-Meister
So the time has come to pack my guitars up to be shipped from the UK to Vancouver BC.

Below is a photo and list of the guitars, amps and stuff I am taking with me and more of a record for me in case it all goes missing (or sunk) before I see them again. I could have sold it all and bought new in Canada but I am really attached to all these.

Firstly guitars.

My Gibson CS 336, put locking Gotoh SD90 on it (drop in fit as this has vintage tuner holes). By far the most versatile guitar I have, look forward to playing live with this one
PXL_20220106_173408108.jpg

My Kauer Korona with Lollar El Rayo and J Street pickups. It's my Tele of the moment since I sold the AO Telecaster Custom and Squire Fat Telecaster. One day I'll get a version with twin P90s in green.
PXL_20220106_173309675.jpg

Talking of green, my last guitar is my Musicman Albert Lee BFR, the only Strat-like guitar I'll ever own. I bought it mostly for the colour and I do like the Musicman neck profiles. I play this one the least now but I'll still miss it while in transit.
PXL_20220106_173205885.jpg

Lastly my 633 Engineering Groove King Custom and 1x12 cab. Cab has a 200W bass speaker in it for the Quilter I am also shipping but considering changing the speaker or getting a new cab just for the amp. It's 50W 6L6 powered monster and way too loud for bedroom use. I look forward to being able to gig or jam in Canada with it as there is nothing at all here in my neck of the woods for over 25s.
PXL_20220106_174157833.jpg

Pedalboard is coming too, got a really good setup and don't imagine I'll change it any time soon. G2 to do the switching and MIDI, three drive pedals (CB Brothers, 633 Engineering X3 and Tru Fi Colordriver), a Neunaber Inspire Tri chorus, a ThorpyFX Pulse Doppler 4 stage phaser/vibrato and an EQD Avalanche Run V2.
PXL_20220106_175118083.jpg

Shippers expect it will take 6 weeks to get to Vancouver by ship. I will hopefully have my visa by then (should have got it in December but still nothing). I cannot wait to be reunited with them all in Canada.

Wish me luck during my enforced guitar vacation.

Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
I did the same with my guitars ten years ago, San Francisco to London. Went fine.

4wotitswurth

Tele-Meister
So the time has come to pack my guitars up to be shipped from the UK to Vancouver BC.

Below is a photo and list of the guitars, amps and stuff I am taking with me and more of a record for me in case it all goes missing (or sunk) before I see them again. I could have sold it all and bought new in Canada but I am really attached to all these.

Firstly guitars.

My Gibson CS 336, put locking Gotoh SD90 on it (drop in fit as this has vintage tuner holes). By far the most versatile guitar I have, look forward to playing live with this one
View attachment 937275

My Kauer Korona with Lollar El Rayo and J Street pickups. It's my Tele of the moment since I sold the AO Telecaster Custom and Squire Fat Telecaster. One day I'll get a version with twin P90s in green.
View attachment 937277

Talking of green, my last guitar is my Musicman Albert Lee BFR, the only Strat-like guitar I'll ever own. I bought it mostly for the colour and I do like the Musicman neck profiles. I play this one the least now but I'll still miss it while in transit.
View attachment 937278

Lastly my 633 Engineering Groove King Custom and 1x12 cab. Cab has a 200W bass speaker in it for the Quilter I am also shipping but considering changing the speaker or getting a new cab just for the amp. It's 50W 6L6 powered monster and way too loud for bedroom use. I look forward to being able to gig or jam in Canada with it as there is nothing at all here in my neck of the woods for over 25s.
View attachment 937281

Pedalboard is coming too, got a really good setup and don't imagine I'll change it any time soon. G2 to do the switching and MIDI, three drive pedals (CB Brothers, 633 Engineering X3 and Tru Fi Colordriver), a Neunaber Inspire Tri chorus, a ThorpyFX Pulse Doppler 4 stage phaser/vibrato and an EQD Avalanche Run V2.
View attachment 937283

Shippers expect it will take 6 weeks to get to Vancouver by ship. I will hopefully have my visa by then (should have got it in December but still nothing). I cannot wait to be reunited with them all in Canada.

You probably already browsed this site… if not, often some entertaining things for us ’ex-Brit-pats’ ….

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire

Firstly guitars.

View attachment 937275

View attachment 937277

View attachment 937278

View attachment 937281

View attachment 937283

good luck I hope that you like your new home in B.C.
the thought of shipping your lovely guitar results in my having anxiety issues.
I hope that they are all safe and sound the you are safe and sound and enjoy your trip to the new world.