1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

PA question, not sure where it goes. Need help.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gitlvr, Aug 6, 2017.

1. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Hi
    I have a question. Please understand this is a church PA, and a bunch of hands are on it, not just mine. Someone has purchased neutrix speakon cables for the PA because we were having issues with the old cables.
    We are using a Crown 402 power amp. I am coming out of side one of the crown to the first "mains" speaker(SP2), then daisy chaining to the second. Then out of side two of the crown into the first monitor speaker, and daisy chaining that to the second monitor speaker. So that one side of the board runs mains, the other monitors.
    I need to hook up the PA tonight, and would like to maintain that configuration.
    Can I run Neutrix to speaker one, then come out of speaker one with a 1/4" jack, running to speaker 2? Will it run this way?
    I don't have time to run out and buy connectors, we have what we have, and tonight is a song service, I think, so I need the PA up and running by 6 P.M. tonight.
    Here are the specs for the SP2 https://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/sp2_specs.pdf

2. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Sure - the connector type doesn't matter in this case. Go speakon -> Speaker A -> 1/4 -> Speaker B. It'll be fine.

jimash likes this.
  3. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Thank you. Working just fine! Much appreciated.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.